STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 18, 2013.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

18.8%
  2. A

20.6%
  3. A-

13.2%
  4. B+

11.1%
  5. B

7.9%
  6. B-

4.1%
  7. C+

5.7%
  8. C

5.0%
  9. C-

3.5%
  10. D+

1.5%
  11. D

1.6%
  12. D-

1.3%
  13. F

5.7%
  1. aeriolewinters

aeriolewinters Lieutenant Red Shirt

He wakes up an old guy. Then they have to cure him again.

2. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

This conversation reminds me of Archie Bunker receiving a blood transfusion from a black person and waking up with darker skin courtesy of his practical joking son-in-law.

3. Deck 1 - Bridge

Deck 1 - Bridge Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm not digging in, I know what I read and I know what was implied, a bit of condoning followed by some backtracking by a couple of mods is what it is, that is, a small spat on a small forum on the big t'internet.

It's the reaction that is funny - 'how dare you answer back'

Who watches the watchers?

Onwards anyway.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You're making yourself look silly either you have a major reading comprehension problem or you're being intentionally obtuse.

5. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

BREAKING NEWS! I HAVE, HERE, IN MY HANDS, INCONTROVERTIBLE PROOF THAT DECK 1 IS TELLING THE TRUTH!!!

[​IMG]

Wait... no, sorry. That's another hackneyed conspiracy with no basis in reality. Carry on.

6. Deck 1 - Bridge

And you're flaming which is against the rules, BillJ.

This isn't an issue about 'reading comprehension' as I've already stated, it's about what was implied and the FACT that the mod condoned it.

If anyone has a 'reading comprehension' problem.....

7. Deck 1 - Bridge

That's really cool, you must be a ball to have dinner with, do you have dinner with anyone? Or is it a microwave meal and a night with Mrs Palm and her 5 children?

Kudos to you if you do, the jury is out however.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No and no - and you can't successfully parse what was actually posted in such a way as to support your claim. All you can do is keep repeating that what you claim is so, is so until folks get bored. :lol:

9. Deck 1 - Bridge

You trolled this entire thread by any conventional measure, presumably you get away with it because you have thousands of posts and the mods like you, and now you're trolling me.

May I be clear with you? Get a life you sad old man, I know what I think, I know what was implied and that's that, your incessant harranging of anyone who disgrees with you is dull. Please don't stick your beak in to my business again.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

There's a little triangle button with an exclamation point inside of it. If you feel you're being trolled/flamed click it and it will notify a Moderator.

It really is a reading comprehension problem. Everyone here was well aware what Locutus' was talking about because it's spelled out pretty clearly in his post. No one here is responsible if you can't follow from 'A' to 'B' to 'C'.

Is English not your first language? That's the only way I can see someone so completely misinterpreting the post.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  11. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

He's not actually old brother
    He's also a forum treasure

12. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

Wow. THAT's your comeback? A ridiculous ad hominem mixed with a tired masturbation joke?

There are no words to describe how sorry I am for you. The sad part is that you could end all of this by simply admitting you were wrong. It seems foolish pride, no matter how thoroughly it's proven to be misplaced, is a difficult thing to let go of.

I guess we all have to show some understanding, though. Just as Frasier once said, "It's just going to take a little while to climb down off of this particular high horse."

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

could you guys see Benedict Cumberbatch playing a jedi or New Republic agent in the star wars films?

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Cumberbatch would fit into Star Wars well, yeah. Probably as...almost anything. Doesn't he have to be a SW villain, though, since he's a British dude and not named Obi Wan?

15. mattman8907

i personally see movies at the theater to have that quality feel. bucket of over priced and buttered popcorn, overpriced hot dog, and soda and a nice companion to go with. it's a fun time.

16. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Naturally, as he is better. At what, you ask? At everything. In fact, he's so good, he could play all the parts.:techman:

17. mattman8907

would that be typecasting? i mean he's already playing two villians.

18. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Please don't feed, y'all.

If Deck 1 is genuinely interested in pursuing a resolution to his complaint, I'm sure he knows perfectly well that he may do so by following the approved procedure. What he does not require is any further assistance in disrupting this discussion thread.

19. Bad Atom

Bad Atom Commodore Commodore

I think the problem is that we know the Star Trek concept is capable of so much more. Even if we never get another TV show out of it, the least they could do is make us think in between those lens flares and explosions.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Well, that would certainly be new territory for a Star Trek movie.