Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I will say this about the Dyson battlezone. Finally all that time spent playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 is paying off.

2. Jean-Luc Picard

Jean-Luc Picard Lieutenant Red Shirt

...I did, somehow. Thanks for your help!

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

With the recent chain of Beam: Fire At Will bugs, people were wondering when it will all be fixed. I opened my big mouth and said it will all be fixed after the new year.

"Which new year?", someone asked. "2014? 2015?"

"2410", I replied

4. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

I've been trying to catchup on missions that I misses and it has me pulling my hair out. Are there any missions that aren't buggy!!!

5. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I have been playing sense launch and I can't remember the last time I encountered a buggy mission.

6. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I opened a lock box and managed to get my second Voth Bastian Carrier, which I promptly sold for a Very Nice price. :) I took a good chunk of that and took care of the Warp Coils and Industrial Replicators the starbase needed, and with the Fleet Credit + Fleet Credit Boost I also got in a lock box, I wiped out the Duty Officers too, and got all three projects finished, plus a good head start on the duty officers for the mine and embassy. We really need a 'select all' box when submitting duty officers. :lol: So many checkboxes.

7. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Wow, good job!

8. Capn Flukie

'Tis the season. :lol: I got a 3rd carrier today, if only I could convert EC into real money, I'd be set for life. :D

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Hah, sweet!

10. Rocketeer

That's cool, but I used to have a list from the official forum that had 51 missions listed as broken. I would imagine that it's grown in size by now. :-/

11. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, Flukie, 3 in a row?! Nice! :D
    By the by, is it always quiet in the game, anymore? I've played very little over the past two months or so, but I'm working on getting back into the swing of things again. So I go to DS9, which used to be THE chattiest place in STO, and it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop. I tried to start conversations, but no one responded.

Also, I am very angry at my DSL connection. I was finishing up on a The Cure Found run (the Borg carrier at the end), and my connection just drops. After about 45 seconds of weeping and gnashing of teeth, it reconnected, I logged in, and thankfully was put right back where I was...

only for the DSL connection to drop 5 seconds later.

Fortunately, I did manage to finish it, but I hate it when that happens. This was different than usual. I had been dealing massive damage the whole time, and I swear I guess these guys were new at it (I didn't complain in game or anything), but they nearly lost the Kang 5 times, and I had to keep zipping back over to heal it while I was helping them destroy the Borg shipyards. It wasn't even my task on that one, and I'm only in a cruiser (though it's the Ambassador class, which is totally balls to the wall awesome). So when my connection dropped, I thought "Oh great, I'm going to get back in there and they're all going to be dead."

Sure, a little hyperbolic, which turned out to be almost right on the money. When I got back in, and my DSL connection stopped behaving like a dick, they were at the end of their collective ropes (3 out of 4 had less than 25% hull, the 4th was coming back from being destroyed). After a couple quick heals, though, and some shield lovin', we were back in business.

I had a point here, but I don't remember what it was. Oh yeah, I wonder why it's been so quiet in STO, lately? Today was just one of several instances over the past two days, where no one is saying much of anything to anybody. We (and by we I mean me and anyone willing to talk) used to have great conversations on religion, politics, Star Trek, anything. It's part of the fun of playing, at least for me anyway. Has there been some policy change of which I am unaware?

12. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I've noticed earth space dock always has a lot of chat, the winter event zone also has some interesting discussions from time to time. Most MMOs are becoming more and more asocial lobby games as time goes on it seems.

13. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Admittedly, I've been on rarely, being busy with work and real life. I have been trying to level up my big cat captain Kattan, so far I have him up to rear admiral. Hope to be on more in the future. The winter wonderland zone holds no interest for me neither has new the Voth zones... I have heard the Voth ship set is pretty useless. I'm holding our hope for better updates in the near future.

14. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll have to visit Spacedock, then. DS9 used to be the big chat hub, I guess it's gone quiet, at least as of late. I'll try the winter zone. Speaking of, I visited it for the first time last week, and just about pissed myself laughing at the new audio they added to the vendors. My current favorite audible is "Q loves all the little creatures, even you."

Yeah, see, that's no fun! Half the fun of an MMO is being social. If I wanted single player, I've got dozens of games I could play.

15. Rocketeer

Misc topics:

I'm not a chatty player, but I've noticed an absence of the normal fun-loving chat going on. If I do see any chat going on, it's normally a flame war. I was also surprised at the lack of chat the last time I visited DS9.

I've been playing a little lately. Completing some missions that I'd previous missed and helping my daughter do the same. If you see me on, give a shout.

I don't understand why my FED toons keep getting the Singularity drops as I can't use them. Shouldn't that be an easy flag to set...

I discovered the Michael Dorn has voiced more episodes that just the feature one. That's a nice touch.

I think that I mentioned this before, but you can get a purple tactical (projectile weapons officer) DOFF, "Law" from one of the Wasteland missions. 20% chance to reduce torp reload by 5 secs.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  16. Capn Flukie

Found this :lol:

[​IMG]

17. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

because drops are largely not meant to all be used. You are supposed to sell them to other players if it's something of quality and worth or just vendor trash them for EC.

18. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Is OAG still a thing? :lol:

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Speaking of useless drops: when do you a Spire mission, you get a box that usually ends up being a console. Except you get a ton of them, and they are all bound to character. And not overly useful. Why bind them, if they aren't a must have? pointless and end up getting put in the recycle bin...

20. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I've gotten both ground and space weapons from those boxes too. Most of the consoles weren't worth it, but I've gotten a couple purple MK XII ones that I've kept and plan to test out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.