Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome. You'll find a lot of stuff to discuss here!

Anthony Dawson likes this.
  2. Rian Cleary

Rian Cleary Ensign Newbie

Delighted I found this site and have fellow fans to converse with. Love Trek. Grew up on Voyager DS9 and Enterprise and TNG. Personally find STD doesn't have the same feel at all as the aforementioned Trek series. I watch it out of curiosity and would love to see Michael Dorn get his Capt Worf show. Possibly using some of the tech Janeway brought back to be one the first ships to explore the Delta Quadrant post Voyagers return. Live long and prosper all my friends

Ricky, Kilana2 and Delta Vega like this.
  3. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome.

Rian Cleary likes this.
  4. Rian Cleary

Rian Cleary Ensign Newbie

Thanks Gary

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  5. Lucia

Lucia Ensign Newbie

I am a big fan of Star Trek and I live in São Paulo, Brazil. I am happy I found this forum to talk to other Trek fans!

Gary Mitchell and Kilana2 like this.
  6. Kilana2

Welcome from Germany to Brazil. I hope you accept it considering what the German football team did to Brazil several years ago......:eek:

StefanM likes this.
  7. Veronica Hobbes

Veronica Hobbes Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey guys, I know I've introduced myself once, but thought I'd do it in here as well. I'm Lindsey, from England and I've grown up watching TNG and then later the other Star Treks. I've only ever seen 1 or 2 episodes of TOS though and never seen the animated series, but have seen at least one of the Original films as well as the TNG ones and then reboot ones. I become hooked on Star Trek: Discovery, and I like that it's different from the others.

1001001 likes this.
  8. topazdemon

topazdemon Ensign Red Shirt

Hi everyone! I watched Star Trek a lot as a child, but then lost touch. I'm just in here reading and lurking to remember some stuff. My favorite characters were Data and I think Odo was his name.

9. topazdemon

topazdemon Ensign Red Shirt

I'm also a next generation rookie. I remember a little about DS9, but was a loooong time ago.

10. schecter

schecter Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone. Nice to be here finally. Have been a long time ST watcher since the 60s on our family b/w TV. No expert at anything but like to get into certain discussions. While there are certain episodes, series, movies etc that prefer (and some I don't) I try to keep an open mind about it all.

Anyway, howdy everyone.

11. Veronica Hobbes

Yeah, it's been awhile since I last watched DS9, and TOS started like 20 years before I was born. But like I mentioned I have since watched 2 episodes. May give it a go at some point.

Kilana2 likes this.
  12. Kilana2

TOS might be old, but has great episodes like The Conscience of the King, The Corbomite Maneuver and The City on the Edge of Forever you might like.

13. Veronica Hobbes

I will definitely give those a go at some point. I did love the Trouble With Tribbles episode though.

Kilana2 likes this.
  14. Sneedley

Sneedley Cadet Newbie

So excited to have found this board. Huge Star Trek fan and have watched and rewatched all the series. Looking to get into some of the novels next. Favorite captain is Picard. Favorite series is a toss up between TNG and DS9 .....right now. My fav always seems subject to change.

Kilana2 likes this.
  15. Kilana2

Welcome. Enjoy the novels and join us in the Literature Forum.

Sneedley likes this.
  16. Liza Johnson

Liza Johnson Ensign Newbie

Well, I realised that I never did post here. I am Liza, I was an admin of Terran for a long time. I am an avid reader of sci-fi my whole life.I got hooked on next gen in the early 90's and worked backwards from there. I now watch discovery and have to say am enjoying it. I am also a fan of several comic series and things like Buffy, Sabrina, dark mirror ect. I owned and managed a comic book store for 15 years and organised comic conventions here in the Uk, even now still have a nerdy amazon and eBay store where I trade (mostly trek trading cards and dvd's). In my day job now I run a tea company.

17. tribbled

tribbled Cadet Newbie

Hi there, for two years now I keep checking the Discothreads here at trekbbs and enjoy all these in depth trek discussions .
    Now I‘d like to join the debates here and there

I grew up with TNG (loved Data), didn‘t watch Voyager + DS9 at the time they were broadcasted, watched Enterprise in 2004 and was so excited when I heard about Discovery two/three years ago.

So I started with a TNG rewatch in 2017, followed by all DS9 (loved the Odo-arc, Quark and the tribble episode of course),
    Voyager (loved the Holo-doc)
    and TOS seasons (loved the vintage vibe, tribbles, Uhura and Spock).

Too much technobabble drives me crazy, so I prefer philosophical and character episodes.

cheers

Kilana2 likes this.
  18. Veronica Hobbes

Hi, welcome fellow new people and other not so new people. Great to see new faces.

I also grew up with TNG, but I watched Voyager when that aired and DS9 and then Enterprise. I've yet to actually watch TOS, but at some point I will. Well, technically I have watched one episode but at some point I'll probably watch the whole thing. I have however seen the film and then the crossover film with TOS and TNG.

tribbled likes this.
  19. Ricky

Ricky Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi there, my names Ricky. I'm a noob to the board but not to Trek. Seen all the TV stuff/movies and broadly speaking enjoy all of it. Everything from TOS to DSC is Trek to me.

Anyway, even though I've been a fan for 30 or so years this is the first time I've made any connection with Star Trek fandom. It's gonna be a rough ride learning where the toxic areas are I feel but I have a feeling it's worth it judging by some of the discussions I've already joined on this board.

Live long and prosper.

Kilana2 likes this.
  20. Llywela

Llywela Commander Red Shirt

Hello. I grew up watching Star Trek, starting with TNG and the movies in the 80s, re-runs of TOS, then through DS9 and Voyager in the 90s (never could get into Enterprise, I'm afraid). Just started watching the new show, Discovery, and I'm intrigued to see what the forthcoming Picard show turns out like. I probably won't post much here (those could be famous last words!), but I wanted to register and lurk to read up on the various branches of the franchise, new and old.

Planet9 and KimMH like this.