"Year of Hell" Question

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by bbjeg, May 30, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay I give in. There was one Chef, a guy that got referenced and made eggs and pie and Vulcan gruel.

But all that confiding in stuff was artistic license on the part of the holoprogrammer. A sounding board person to tell the main character's stories.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was a therapeutic program.

BY design it was supposed to root into Riker's mind by allowing the bearded twit the opportunity to root celebrities, in the brain. He was asking the questions he wanted to ask himself and then comparing those answers to his own and allotting who was falling short, and who won, himself or the light bulbs.

The only way that "Those were the Voyages" makes any sense is if Archer and Tucker were frakking.

Although the lesson Dee wanted her scruffy monkey to get out o this, even though she didn't know the complete facts is that John fucking Locke (You love Lost so much don't you?) is an asshole you should not die for friviously and pointlessly for.

Denna probably stacked the deck so that Riker had to grow a set and stick a foot up Pressman's ass.

Screw whatever really happened.

The real winner here today is psychology!

3. teacake

It's as much psychology as a bunch of tarot cards. Turn it over, say what's on your mind. But then that was the quality of Troi's counseling as well.

The only thing I loved about Lost was John Locke, I held on to the bitter end trying to suck more Locke out of it only to find out the really crappy Locke was really crappy at being Locke because he wasn't Locke and I could have quit months ago.

Star Trek psychology is hilarious stuff. But they can cure 99.99 percent of everything now so all they are left to deal with is miffedness and holoaddiction. Though why they can't fix Barclay's anxiety issues I'm not sure.. unless they are something he has generated himself with no help from chemistry because they complete him. And then there are a few genuine sociopaths.

4. Guy Gardener

Considering how creepy John was in the beginning:"I HAVE KNIVES!" I thought Locke was going to be a paedophile who would run off with Walt. It took me forever to accept that no one was going to kill Walt. The incest twins got the death they deserved. If that kid had been taken out early on, then Michael wouldn't have been such a useless stain in the middle. That fuck killed Libby. It's like what Janeway did to Tuvix times a million.

Hurley needed to tap that so bad.

And she wanted to let him.

And Libby had had practice with big guys before.

Spent a season with Drew Carey pawing her.

Not that all large men are created equally.

5. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Magic.

[​IMG]

6. Guy Gardener

WIIIIIIIITCH!!!!

Somebody! Quickly start collecting wood for a bonfire!

7. TrekkingThru

TrekkingThru Ensign Newbie

Thank you; I stand corrected. Apparently I don't remember that episode as well as I thought I did. LOL. Time for a re-watch.

8. Guy Gardener

Been there so many times.

I can think of about 4 times in the last two years that I have had to temporarily extract myself from this forum to rewatch Equinox before again feeling righteous enough to finish my very loud thoughts.

9. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe the Doctor's backup file eventually found their corpses a hundred years later. Boy wouldn't that depress the fellow. :p

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The weapon ship interests me greatly, as was the small pocket universe bev Crusher wound up in.

The two would be perfect to use against, say Cthulhu in a one two punch.

11. Guy Gardener

Before or after Tom has sex with Cthulu?

12. teacake

Enough with the hentai. Enough I say!

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Janeway could give a shield generator to one pod to encompass the other pods. It'll seem pointless to let them escape otherwise.

That's a great way of looking at it. Temporal defended ships would simply be pulled in each timeline with it. Though it will still spell doom for Voyagers escape pod crew if the were shielded during the final fight.

14. Guy Gardener

I assumed that the escape pods and shuttles all scattered off in different directions to avoid the Krenim net?

15. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

But they were to make allies along the way, the best way to do that in the space they're in would be to stay together a share the temporal defenses. The more temporal shielded ships out there, the harder it would be for the Krenim.

16. Guy Gardener

You're making a very simple mistake.

Annorax did not represent nor work for any "Local" Krenim Imperium, and the "Locals" did not work for Annorax.

Two entirely separate entities.

When Annorax "changed" the universe, the new Krenim Imperium has no preestablished causal relationship with anyone who is temporally shielded. It's just a question of if the Local Krenim had met the local Voyager crew who might be near by causing a stink or half away across the galaxy.

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^I meant Annorax when I said Krenim. :rolleyes:

18. Guy Gardener

(Sorry.)

Okay, here's an idea. Why didn't Janeway temporally shield the crew in the shuttles and escape pods while they were still attached/inside Voyager, and then provoke Annorax into using his weapon (rolling the dice) so that possibly maybe in the next "universe" Voyager will be all fixed up becuase it had never been broken?

I'm still not clear if a temporally shielded Voyager was superimposing over any local version of Voyager, or pushing dopplegangers out of the universe no matter where in the universe they are or if there were suddenly two sets of Each Voyager in this story... Which means that it's possible that in the final battle that she killed herself twice?

19. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Dude....

[​IMG]

20. Guy Gardener

Is she hiding a penis under that hat?