Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Despite the ending to STID, I think it will all boil down to another bad guy who wants to attack Earth again. They do want to have Earth be the stomping ground for "their" Star Trek after all.

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Our Star Trek. :cool:

3. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

how about klingon borg

4. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

But if it's going to take place mostly on Earth, why bother calling it Star Trek?

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Because that's its name. Has been for half a century.

Next.

6. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

I don't think that's the real issue here.

7. jaygibson77

jaygibson77 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I still want the Borg. New threat for Kirk. Fan favorite. With the popularity of Zombies right now, if the Borg were made scary, it could be fun. And they'd be a villain that could be hyped up.

My runner up would be the Talosians.

I don't see a lighthearted sequel though even if Tribbles or Trelene or Gangsters making the cut. So, no Voyage Home.

Give me Borg or Talosians. Or what if the Borg tried to assimilate the Talosians?

8. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Star Trek III - The Vengeance Of Khan

Ditto. The Breen are the most mysterious of the Trek villians that I'd love to see more of.

9. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Tholians would make good use of 3D.

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Then Abrams can do a Star Wars crossover.

[​IMG]

;)

11. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Trek shouldn't always leverage itself around villians.

And as far as villians go, nothing has topped Khan because he is a human villian, which is much closer to home and the more concerning to us as human beings when watching film.

I find pale skin men in rubber suits or gagh chewing barbarians a bit dated and too abstract in a cartoon character capacity to engage viewers feelings the way how someone like Khan could.

So let's just focus on Kirk and the crew in the next movie.

12. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like it. However, non humonid formed principle characters [save the Transformers- and only because they were cool cars] I'm not not sure wide scale audiences would accept. It would become to, "sci-fi[ish' for mass audiences.

13. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

And the Breen are very... Star Wars-esque... :p

Edit: Ninja'd by Locutus!

14. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ultimate crossover ...

[​IMG]

15. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

I don't think it would be that much of hinderance. It would be nice to see an alien looking alien for once in Star Trek that didn't adhere to the fleshy humanoid form.

16. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Re: Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins]

The Borg were so cool until the cliffhanger of Best of Both Worlds. Then they became progressively stupider.

I'm torn on this issue. On the one hand I want new stuff, not retreading old ground, but on the other, IF they do it correctly and the Borg were done right, I could like it.

I wish. I wish we'd have a movie without a villain, for once. You don't need a villain to make a good story. The only Trek movies without a villain are TMP and TVH.

I could be sold on the Doomsday Machine, however. Maybe we could meet Commodore Decker again.

I do admit that they spend a whole lot of time near Earth recently, but then look at the movies:

TMP: Earth threatened
    TWOK: Starts at Earth
    TSFS: They go back to Earth, then back to Genesis
    TVH: Earth threatened
    TFF: Starts at Earth
    TUC: Starts at Earth
    FC: Earth threatened
    NEM: Shinzon plans to destroy Earth
    ST09: Earth threatened
    ID: Earth Threatened

Only Generations (minus the 1701-B bit) and Insurrection have nothing to do with Earth. It's a slightly annoying pattern considering how little we see the homeworld in the series.

17. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

Assuming we have the same writers I think the next movie will feature the opening act being the Enterprise exploring a strange new world and completing a mission, similar to the opening of STID.

After the opening act we will see some big Klingon shit going down against some key Federation target, a space station or fleet battle.

The Enterprise is then despatched to help because fortunately it was on its way back to the core of the Federation anyway for some repairs.

During the course of the movie we find Khan is assisting the Klingons after being broken out of his 'prison' at some point because the Klingons want his help to capture the Genesis device or something. The Klingon dude will be called Kruge or Chang. The Enterprise will be destroyed using its self destruct sequence at some point.

18. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    I was wondering in the first movie what the hell the bulk of Federation fleet was doing in the Laurentian system. That was never explained.

19. Norsehound

Norsehound Captain Captain

Probably staring down the Klinks? Not sure if it could be the Romulans since we know nothing about the Romulans in this timeframe other than they got a hold of some Narada technology.

One of the novels did have a borg-esque antagonist killing people, taking samples, talking about species xyz123 and talking of "assimilation", ultimately being a cloud of nanites. I found myself groaning.

I want to see them re-treading old ground from the original series because, again, It feels like all that was abandoned when next generation came out. I want the Tholians and Gorn back as main antagonists alongside the Romulans and Klingons. I want to see new takes on some of the bizarre aliens and things seen in the original (The Talosians, the Vians, the Doomsday machine, The lights from Zetar, the Horta, Nomad, and so on).

Alice Eve mentioned Charlie X, but I'm not sure if I would want to see that. Mostly because I'd rather see them doing other things.

I think one of the motives of the next movie would be the consequences of the destruction of Vulcan? It was something left hanging. My guess though would be on going back to the impending conflict with the Klingons, since it's going to happen whether Starfleet prepares for it or not.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Re: Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins]

You pretty much do, to make a summer blockbuster.

They can launch into a war between the Feds and the Klingons, and have them forced to join forces to repel the Borg. Why not? ;)