Ziyal is having more surgery

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tora Ziyal, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dang it, didn't even get to "Yeah" the stitches out and you got a problem again. Phooey.
    Maybe go back to some old fashioned folk medicine and throw some honey on it. Natural antibiotic and helps heal, I've heard. Hugs and best wishesTZ hang in there.

2. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

((((((Ziyal)))))))

3. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the hugs, ladies. Ancientone, natural remedies like honey may work on superficial wounds, butt unfortunately most of my problem is deep inside.

4. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I hope you won't need a wound vac again, Ziyal. Sending more hugs and positive vibes your way.

5. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I happened to be chatting with a cousin last eve. She is a nurse that works with burn patients and knows a lot about wounds. I asked about non-healing deep wounds without getting into specifics. Her answers were packing it, wound vacuum and then hyperbaric chamber treatments.

6. Tora Ziyal

^ Interesting. We've done two out of three. Hyperbaric treatment might be worth asking about. Thanks.

7. ancientone51

Hubbhy had vac and hyperbaric for his diabetic foot problems (including a toe amputation) It was a bother, but helped. Of course we lived 40+ miles from the chamber and did it 5 days a week for several weeks. If your doc thinks it will help, do it. Bring something to read, don't think you can take electronics in.

8. Tora Ziyal

That's interesting that he had both, because they're kind of opposites. The vacuum reduces oxygen, and hyperbaric tx increases it.

9. Tora Ziyal

The short version of today's app't with the surgeon:

We came up with a plausible reason why the wound temporarily deteriorated when it did. (Notice I said "temporarily". Yes, it started improving again the next day. :lol:) Either it will heal completely, in its own good time and without any further treatment, or it will need extensive surgery. He doesn't recommend considering surgery for at least three months. So, next appointment in three months, but holler if I need him in-between.

Wave bye-bye to this thread, folks.

10. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

That sounds like a good thing. My own wound did the same. It almost seemed I'd got a terrible infection for a day or two, I was terrified, and then was fine. Mine healed naturally, it's not a very nice scare but I don't mind it. They have offered to try and fix it with plastic surgery but any surgery is dangerous for me, I have opted not to have the plastic surgery.

Hope it goes well for you.

11. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Good. :)

Here's hoping for the former!

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that sounds more optimistic. Hopefully no hollering will be needed. :bolian:

13. ancientone51

Bye bye!
    and yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I am SOOOOO glad things seem to have turned back around! :)