Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I've been Starkers since I signed on here, aside from Halloween/Christmas temporary changes and I tend to be Starkers online wherever possible (or some variation thereof)

2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome back, Wacky! :)
    Starkers, you registered here about half a year before me, but I can't recall your name. I stuck mainly to the Lounges and Misc, though, as I still do. Which are your favourite board sections?

Oh, speaking of sections - what became of Section 31? Is he still around?

3. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^Didn't he get sectioned?

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well for a long time I was mainly to be found in Fanfic/Doctor Who but I have branched out a bit more in the last few years, and I haven't hung around in fanfic for years. Now it's mainly Dr Who/Te and media, science fiction and fantasy, sport (though mostly just the soccer thread) and I've started hanging around misc a lot lately :)

There are loads of names I didn't recognise on this thread who've been here as long (sometimes longer) as me. Guess a lot of us just stuck to very specific boards. I don't know how some people have the time to crop up in so many :lol:

5. rhubarbodendron

It's a matter of age, I suppose. In my experience days get waaaay shorter when you're getting on in years ;) (nights, too, unfortunately)

Dr Who doesn't air in my country, so I never saw (or read) any. That would explain why we never met. I haven't read any Trek fanfic either yet. Is there an author you would recommend? I'm more into Highlander (series) fanfiction and started to write a story, quite a while ago. Alas, with my recent move and the trouble I had with my old landlady for the last 12 months, I didn't get on with it. I'm trying to introduce a new character and at the same time rewrite the last movie which was utter crap, though the basic idea was actually quite good. Classical case of either bad director or - more likely - too many co-producers/financers blackmailing him into inserting their weird ideas.

@ trekkiedane: LOL I love your wicked sense of humour :D

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I've always been Nerys Myk, even though people thought I was female. The name reflected my love of DS9 and Kira. Plus its a variation of my real name.

I found this place because someone on another board mentioned there was a poster called "Captain April" over here. I had written a story featuring April, that's why he brought it up. Hearing there was a site devoted to Star Trek was like "Sign me up!"

7. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was briefly Kegek. Otherwise no.

I don't know. I remember chosing this name to use as a game save for a Star Trek game (I think Starfleet Academy, do not quote me on that) and I've used it on the internet ever since, despite it being basically a randomly arbitrary sound that myself at half my current age thought sounded cool.

Someone who also who had no idea what a 'keg' was.
    Now that name takes me back.

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I changed my username, but it was a time where you had to delete your account and start a new one. I've been considering some other names I can use, but since I'm not all that creative, I've never changed it. Of course if anyone has any suggestions for a holiday name, that will be fun. I know that's coming up in a month.

9. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been here nearly 12 years, dunno if that makes me an old-timer or not.

10. rhubarbodendron

I left in 2002 or 2003 due to trouble with flamers and trolls some of whom appear to be still around, hence I chose a different name when I re-registered.

Plus: this one is next to impossible to hack - nobody could spell it properly :D

11. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Who were you back in 2002-2003?

12. rhubarbodendron

someone else :p
    As I said, the flamers and bullies from 2002/3 are still on the user list. I'd rather not reveal my old identity. Don't want Bonzie to have to deal with a flame war.
    I'll give you a clue, though: I am neither Red Whacker nor Lighter nor Che. :D

Speaking of oldtimers: what happened to PreatorX, Verteron and TLE?

13. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

TEH BABA ate them.

14. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I haven't seen PreatorX for a long time. Vert still turns briefly up now and then - his most recent post showing was in September. Teelie was also showing up irregularly, but I think it's been a few months since I saw him last.

15. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I was Captain Napalm when I first joined, which seems pretty weird, now. I swapped it for a more appropriate Calvin & Hobbes reference. Funny to think that now I've been posting on here for longer than that strip ran.

I probably wouldn't choose it now, but at this point, it seems pointless to change it.

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Spiff, I approve of your avatar.

:D

17. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I think real life claimed PreatorX - I remember chatting with him a bit several years ago. A good guy he was.

On the name thing, most of my time here, I've been ElimParra, except that year I was ParanoidTailor.

18. rhubarbodendron

I agree. He seemed to be a very nice guy. I didn't like one of his RL friends, though, who sold drugs. That's exactly the kind of friends an insecure teenager does absolutely not need.
    Last thing I heard of PX was that he was considering to go to university, preferably somewhere south whith more warmth and light. He said he suffered from winter depression.

I missed Vert's last appearance. Ah, maybe next time :)
    Teelie and his wicked sense of humour always appealed to me. I met him in chat a few times and found im a very pleasant guy.

Elim, weren't you an EFCL member as well? One of the very early members even, if I am nost mistaken.

MrSilver you are a new one for me. Afaik we haven't met before and we have no mutual friends, it seems. I suppose we always prefered different parts of the board and therefore never met.
    But I do recall M'Sharak and SpacemanSpiff from back then :)

19. Kaestra

Kaestra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why, lil' old me?
    Joined in 2004 but took a very long hiatus to go to college and stuff. I miss you people.

20. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I was. EFCL was a great board. Well except a lot of the stuff with the Senate. First posted as Elim, and then as Joel.