Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SPCTRE, Sep 9, 2010.

1. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooo, Legendary? I suck, but sure. :lol:

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

eh, i'm not much better >.>

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

A bit of Reach advertising....
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlwSsE7XoBE[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqncMjkLbqg[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSiWrJHZ4sc[/yt]

4. Sephiroth

ok, at the beginning of the game on legendary there is a poorly camo'd elite running away, he has a datapad on him...how do you kill him?

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Gotta love RvB :cool:

'Fraid I'll have to stop reading this thread until my copy arrives tomorrow because of acute spoiler paranoia :lol:

And now it's up on Youtube:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLMm8a2p30[/yt]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  6. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I love this game, but JESUS H. *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPING* CHRIST DOES IT PISS ME OFF SOMETIMES!!!!

Case in point: Anyone had trouble with less than choice times for a checkpoint? On the 5th mission where you have to defend the slipspace drive aboard the Covvie Corvette, and I got a checkpoint JUST as an Elite with a Plasma Launcher appeared in front of me.

Thank god I had a full DMR and Needle Rifle on me, but playing on Legendary it still took two full clips of each to the head to kill him. And that was when I did it in time to dodge the second elite with Plasma Launcher who would catch up in about 10 seconds after the first one appeared. I then had to take him out in time for the third elite with dual Plasma rifles (Hey, how come he can dual wield and I can't?!) to come running at me.

Took me about 20 times, but I did it. Bloody game. Only got through 2 levels today.

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

^ I haven't gotten that far yet but I am having a different annoyance related to checkpoints. Am I completely missing something obvious, or is it not possible to pick up from a previous checkpoint when I load the game up again? I've had to replay several sections (not usually a lengthy amount of time, granted) because the game hasn't offered me a resume option. I think it's also resulted in me missing achievements for finishing levels because I've only played one mission straight through; on the first three, I had to stop at some point after a checkpoint and come back to it later, so I've only received the "completed mission four" achievement.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I just completed the campaign earlier tonight, but I don't think I'll ever bother with Legendary. There were some sections where I got my ass kicked, and I was only playing on Normal. :lol:

9. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I had an issue on "Tip of the Spear" where A.I. Kat drove the rockethog I was firing off a cliff, and the checkpoint hit just at the point of no return. It went in a death loop about 5 times before it automatically went back to the previous checkpoint for me.

10. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Also, i'd like to take this opportunity to whore my wares :p

I made what I think is a pretty sweet lil map in forge world. I call it "Rockfall".

I took the cutout bit of the cliff in FW and placed every single "natural" building component I could until I got a nice little 2v2/4v4 map which requires knowing not only where your opponent is, but also where you are, as if your not careful your gonna end up falling into the waters of doom.

If your willing to give it a shot, you can grab it from my file share here:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=380821&player=DangerousDac

I'd like to know what you guys think of it. Its really my first "proper" map, but I like to think its fairly balanced and thought out and would really appreciate you guys playing on it.

11. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished the campaign earlier today. I enjoyed it. There were a couple familiar faces I was surprised to see near the end there.

The variety of customization for Firefight is quite extensive. I like.

And Forge World. :eek:

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If this is a prequel to the other games, why are some of the weapons and features seem more advanced? Jetpack woulda been so useful in the first Halo.

13. Skywalker

The warranty expired on the SPARTAN jet packs immediately after the fall of Reach.

Cookie for whoever gets the reference. :shifty:

14. Sephiroth

killed the Elite with hawk and a few other friends, (after many, many tries) it was carrying the minutes of a prophet meeting reguarding the subject of "glassing"

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Pillar of Autumn left Reach in desperation. The crew undoubtedly had little time to reload the ship with equipment. Jetpacks fell by the wayside.

That's my attempt at an in-universe explanation, at any rate.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's time, IT'S TIME!

[​IMG]

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Remember when opening that package to cut the blue wire or was it the green one :confused:

18. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Just completed it on Legendary.

What a wonderful, frustrating annoying beyond belief fantastic game it is. :)

19. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

It's frustrating enough on Heroic. Don't think I'll even try Legendary. Not on my own anyway.

20. Skywalker

Holy crap. What do they have in that thing, River Tam?