Request for assistance

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by captcalhoun, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

The abovementioned coworker tried to get me the student version of Photoshop & Illustrator through his daughter in college. I loaded the software, put in the s/n, and got a pop-up window that demanded I send Adobe a college transcript and student photo-ID before they'd activate it. :klingon: I gave the software back to guy. His daughter is using it now. And nothing I do, no uninstall program I can find, is able to remove the fucking useless software from my hard drive.

2. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I just recently downloaded and installed GIMP. I'm finding it a bit clumsier than Photoshop. But that's probably because I've been using Photoshop for the last 20 years.

3. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like GIMP, despite its color depth-issues. And even those aren't much of a problem since I don't often work with RAW image files and have other software for that.

Another package you might like is MyPaint. It's my go-to paint package for when I want to rough-out ideas.

For structured, vector graphics, there's Inkscape. I use this for a lot of icon work and any time I need crisp lines without any jaggies.

I'd kill, though, for a modern equivalent of DeluxePaint III from my Amiga days.

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It it even legal for them to ask for such information?!? I know that it's not allowed for anyone to copy my employee ID badge, so various schools may have similar restrictions.

5. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I actually am on the graphic design committee at the local technical college. I'm not entitled to any discount on the Adobe software. Students can get a massively scaled down version, and at a lower price, but certainly not for free. And they have to get it through the college bookstore on-line which they log into with their student IDs.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Just get Photoshop CS2 legal for free from Adobe.

7. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Oh, man... memories.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral