Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm excited to be getting this. When the series was cancelled, I had hoped that the remaining stories would be adapted by Dark Horse. I can't help to think that if the license hadn't moved to Marvel that we would eventually be getting more than just this Darth Maul finale. There is plenty more Clone Wars goodness that we could have got in this format.

2. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Dave Filoni has updated his facebook:

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're sure stretching out the details of the finale and milking it for all it's worth.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    One of my wishes was that they'd adequately wrap up the Maul storyline and deal with the ultimate fate of his character so he's not running around somewhere during the Imperial Era, so I am glad we're getting the resolution, but I wish it were on-screen instead. A good and memorable villain born on the screen should ideally meet their end on the screen.

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know the life expectancy of Zabraks - sorry, human-Zabrak hybrids :rolleyes: - but they should keep him alive so that he can fight Master Skywalker in the ST.

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but I don't consider that unreasonable in this case.

If we take them at their word, and I don't see why not, then they did already invest in the production of episodes that were never actually produced. If I were in their position, I'd be looking for ways to market what I'd done, too.

Making comic book adaptations of episodes that have no chance of being completed seems reasonable, and if I read this right, that's exactly all that they're doing in the case of these comic book adaptations. :shrug:

7. Mr. Adventure

^^ I mean the finale itself not the comics.

8. CorporalCaptain

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by "milking". Do you mean that they're keeping us in suspense?

9. Mr. Adventure

^ It seems that way though I'm being a bit facetious as there's probably good reasons but yeah, I'd like to know in what form we're going to finally get these things.

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

If they're going ahead with "Rebels", why not simply make the final Clone Wars episodes as well?

11. cooleddie74

^
    I agree. It really doesn't make much practical sense because they have the resources to produce both. It has to be a Disney directive and little more.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Disney wants new names to sell new toys. Why keep spending millions on a 5.5 year old show from the old regime?

I'm just glad they spent the money to finish the episodes that were half-way done, it's more than I expected :) I thought they would just release the animatics and audio tracks.

13. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sort of like Power Rangers Wild Force. Disney was supposedly reluctant to spend money on the "Forever Red" anniversary episode because they didn't see the point in promoting old toys.

14. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm disappointed we don't see Maul's arc wrapped up onscreen. I had thought he might jump ship to Rebels. Might have been cool.

15. CorporalCaptain

Oh, perhaps that is the whole idea. Maybe they don't want to kill off Maul, so he can be used in Rebels. Maybe that's the issue here as to why some Clone Wars episodes won't be finished?

16. Stephen!

17. cooleddie74

That'd be enough for a Season Six box set to round out our collections.

18. Stephen!

The exact number of episodes still seems to be unknown

[​IMG]

19. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like Season 6 will be shown on netflix:

From The Official Star Wars twitter:

20. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Nice! And I'm just now finally finishing up Season 5 (I'm on the Brothers arc). Good news!