Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Starborn Dragon

Starborn Dragon Captain

2. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

The website has moved in the interim. Here's the new link: https://www.eaglemoss.com/en-gb/sci-fi-fantasy/star-trek-the-official-starship-collection/
    On the Intrepid: Since the day this ship was announced I've waiting for it. Since I got the Kumari, this has been the release I've been waiting for the most. And in just a few days, the moment will finally be at hand.

I checked for pictures of the model on the web but couldn't find more than the two that are already on TrekCollective.

Does anyone think they might make the Warp Delta/Ganges class too? The CGI is available, at least.

3. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Their main site is also found here: http://www.st-starships.com/

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I did pick up the Intrepid yesterday in the end. Watched a couple of Youtube reviews and convinced me it was worth getting.
    It's probably not gonna be in my all-time Top 5 but it's a nice little model. The "lack of major detail" is only really because that's how the CGI model was (ie no registry or ship name) and not really the fault of Eaglemoss.

From a face-on frontal view it does look very similar to the NX-01, thus I'm gonna display it actually facing away from me, as it's looking at it from behind that kinda makes it what it is.

I will however definitely not be bothering with the Malon Cargo ship in two weeks, it's just kind of a brown blob tbh. So it's a four week wait for the Enterprise-C for me. Can't wait for that one!!

5. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

The Enterprise-C looks pretty disappointing too, unless they've reworked the prototype from the preview pic a few months back (which I doubt) its gonna be real lacklustre for me.

6. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Anybody have a D-7m K'Tinga or Ferengi Marauder in their collection they could photograph? I know the Marauder had some issues on the underside, anything that could not be fixed or compensated for?
    On the fence about these and the site's pictures are not very clear. Just looking for opinions...

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I always found this guys Youtube reviews really useful to decide whether or not I wanted certain issues or not. I wasn't gonna bother with the K'Tinga originally but decided I might as well get it after watching this review. Can't say I've yet to bother with the Maurauder though.

Klingon K'Tinga review

Ferengi Maurauder review

8. Richard Baker

Thanks!
    That paint job on the Ferengi Marauder was far worse than I thought- I could handle detailing up the ventral hull, but those huge black streaks on the top are horrible. I would have to repaint the whole thing, not worth it since the Round 2 model kit is almost the same size and cheaper.
    The D-7m looks pretty good, it is going on my short list for sure...

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

The thing that bothered me most about the D'Kora paint job was no so much the black streaks, but the way the windows were put on the hull implied that the decks were not horizontally level, but swooping up and down in waves relative to the curvature of the outer hull. Very sloppy - but not Eaglemoss' fault, as the CG version of the model has the windows pretty much the same way. The studio model was, of course, much more correct in that way. The simplest reason is that someone got sloppy with the light-maps years ago and never bothered to fix them once it came time to print a physical model off it.

10. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know what? I still have not received my subscriber gift Borg Cube. I wonder if those are still stuck in customs? Bureaucratic slowness doesn't usually take this long does it?

11. 137th Gebirg

I don't think we in the USA were ever supposed to get them to begin with. UK and Japan only (two different versions, too). I'm hoping we'll see the shuttles special release, though. Smaller and easier to get through the customs wall.

12. Racer_X

Racer_X Commander Red Shirt

13. 137th Gebirg

So it does! Totally forgot that - I stand corrected. :) Well since it took way longer than a year to get the AGT E-D, and the cube is supposed to be 6 months after that, it probably won't be available until long into next year.

14. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I recall, the issue with the AGT-D was they had run out of stock and we needed to wait for more to be maufactured. The Borg Cubes are stuck in US customs last we heard. I wonder what the next major delay will be caused by? I'm betting on theft.

15. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

Ben has posted a picture of the USS relativity on his twitter feed (work in progress).

https://twitter.com/bencsrobinson

I gotta say looking at the E-C it's probably one of the only ships so far that I've really been able to over look missing details. The TOS-E will hopefully be accurate and that they've got the deflector dish the correct colour.

16. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it looks like it isn't the Enterprise C but a later use of the model. but it looks a hell of a lot better then the NEgh'var. Which at least in pictures as the worst Klingon model to date, easily.

17. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I picked up my copy of the E-C just now. Can't say I am too impressed with it.

18. Richard Baker

Sorry to hear that- the Negh'var was one of those I had wanted.

19. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can you really blame customs for not wanting to let a fleet of Borg Cubes invade the US?

20. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I've got news on two ships:

From my German subscription I received the USS Defiant. The arrowhead has been corrected! I've got the earlier Defiant as well - the paint job and hue are otherwise the same. :bolian:

I picked up the Enterprise-C just now. The saucer section has great detailing, as does the forward engineering hull. There are two issues, however. The back of the neck is blank, meaning the impulse engines are missing. Plus, the back of the engineering hull, including the bottom aft, are blank too.

Still, this version still outclasses the hitherto best model of the 1701-C from Furuta. Now I'm off to Ex Astris Scientia to compare the ship with the orthographic views over there. :bolian: