There's a trailer apparently.....

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Transwarp Drive, Oct 12, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh he has MANY girls ahead of him, he didn't need that one :)

2. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

He has many girls behind him too, lol.

3. teacake

And many girls.. oh better not.

And yes GO JJ, do NOT reveal who Cumberbatch is in your trailer. Please. Don't reveal it. I like the long in drawn breath of anticipation.

4. Spock/Uhura Fan

Oh, I doubt even if he's seen in the trailer that anyone will be able to decipher who he's playing. The leeked photos didn't help after all.

5. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the trailer will show action scenes but with Spock, Kirk and perhaps quickly Cumberbatch.

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

:lol:

7. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

It would be cool to see a trailer soon...but on a related topic: Do you think we will get another Alternate Reality Game, like with 2009?

8. teacake

OMG do not do this to me. Update this bloody thread so it's the one I see on the main index and my heart LEAPS and I think A TRAILER A TRAILER I AM GOING TO DIE MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE!!!!

goddamit.

9. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nov 10th, 2012. No trailer, still, synopsis or even a press release of any form.

Not that I cannot wait, but I find this somewhat..odd. They need to push this movie out with the biggest bang yet. I want Trek to be the biggest movie of 2013. But at this pace, I dont know how soon they can truly build up the hype, given that the media blitz is gonna start for other blockbusters too.

10. Transwarp Drive

Transwarp Drive Lieutenant

One has to assume that JJ knows what he's doing or, I'll throw this out there, he couldn't give a shit because he's after the Star Wars gig..........:devil:

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

^ It would be interesting if he directed both. Not sure if that'll happen, though.

12. teacake

I think it's better for science fiction to not tie up the two biggest franchises ever in one director.

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Says the woman who just updated the thread again, giving even people false hope :rommie:

I don't think it's possible for JJ to Direct both, Disney wants a SW movie in 2015, Paramount almost certainly will move Heaven and Earth to hit 2016 for the Anniversary

14. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Promotion of Paramount movies is ultimately the right of Paramount, not the director. He can maintain secrecy all he likes... until he hands over the movie. Paramount's marketing department will promote this movie, as they do all of Paramount's movies.

15. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Looking back to 2008, for a little perspective:

Trailer premiered on official website on November 17, 10AM Eastern (a Monday morning,) having been announced a few days earlier. The first still picture of the new Enterprise dropped on November 11. The first real article (including the picture of the Kelvin) came October 19. Before that, we'd had the Comic-Con promo posters, a few spy pics from location shoots at Long Beach power station, CSUN, Pastoria energy facility, Irvine MCAS and Dodger Stadium, and very little else - not that different from where we stand right now with respect to the next movie.

16. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Technically speaking, we have more than what we had two years ago at this time...

Three frames.