So what do you do for fun?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gryffindorian, Nov 5, 2013.

1. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Gaming, reading, archery and poor attempts at drawing.

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I've always wanted to learn how to draw but don't know where to start. I always doodled in my younger years up to my teens, but my mom kept criticizing my drawings. Everyone's a critic! :lol:

The self study handbooks don't really do much for me.

4. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

This place is my fun. :)

5. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

For social fun I like to play scrabble in coffee shops with my best friend, sing karaoke, go to movies/shows with friends, and get laid.

For alone fun I like to ride my bicycle (which I do a lot), take long walks (every day), read (which I do a lot), draw and paint, listen to science podcasts, do crosswords, listen to music, go thrift store shopping, play my cello, cook, and play around online.

6. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Read a lot of science books, and of course a lot of scifi as well. Smoke pot and play computer games. That's about it. I'm pretty boring in real life.

7. mari

mari Captain Captain

Crocheting, reading, and coding websites (which I also do for money, but the money ones tend not to be fun). And make to-do lists for my husband. :devil:

8. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I mostly read and care for my pets (one guinea pig and two gerbils) for fun. :)

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

@mari: That reminds me of a really bad joke I just thought up. :evil:

A fun thing to do for one's spouse: Give them a to-do list with one item on it - "Me."

10. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

I've been a video gamer since I was a young kid. I'm 31 now and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I'm pretty big on surfing the internet, but sometimes I think I'm a little addicted. What I love most about the internet is message boards like this one. I just love interacting with people from all over the world and hearing their stories.

I've recently picked up photography and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I used to love watching movies and had little interest in television, aside from Star Trek, but recently the reverse has been happening. The quality of TV has been rising, while you have to look hard for movies that aren't sequels or remakes.

11. Gryffindorian

I used to think gaming was just for kids and young adults, but with the advent of gaming consoles, they seem to be marketed towards a higher age demographic. I hardly play PS3 games anymore. I forgot to mention I liked playing MMOs like City of Heroes, and I still occasionally play The Sims 3 on my PC.

12. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Gaming is just something I never understood. It doesn't help that anything with graphics more advanced than Super Mario Bros 3 gives me motion sickness, I suppose. I did beat that game when I was 9, and I quite like Tetris, which I can play for hours on end when I need to do something with my hands while I completely shut off my mind and listen to music or watch TV. But the big, complex, modern games aren't for me, I guess.

13. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Reading comics and the occasional sci-fi novel, writing fanfics, posting on internet message boards, playing bass guitar, plotting world domination.

14. Gryffindorian

Motion sickness, you say? :lol: I can relate to that. Although I can handle the graphics of most games, I once literally got sick to my stomach playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on my PS3. Why I bothered to pick up a shooter game in the first place, I don't know. I was curious maybe, but never again.

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'm the same way; I get motion sickness with the "immersed" perspective games. I didn't use to be, but definitely am now. However, games that play in "God View"---where it's a top-down perspective, don't bother me at all. I loved the Sacred and Torchlight games, because I could play for hours and hours without feeling like I was going to hurl.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't mean to be a Luddite, but my enjoyment of console games peaked with the Atari 2600.

Say what you like about the quality of those games - I always thought they were FUN to play.

17. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I read books (75 to 100 books a year)

I surf the net

I make bookmarks (more than I can possibly give away - I have at least 200 spare bookmarks)

Occasionally I watch TV and watch DVDs (maybe 5-7 hours a week)

I take photos though it is getting harder for me to go on photoshoots

Listen to podcasts (mainly atheist and science podcasts)

Play games on my PC and on my iPad

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  18. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Reading
    Hiking, now that I can do it again! :D
    Playing around online
    Photography
    Genealogy
    Netflix, intermittently (like about one month out of three)

19. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

I envy you. I would love to read that much, but it usually takes me weeks or months just to read one book.

20. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

I also download and watch TV shows that other people have seen years ago.

It's kinda scary watching The Office and realising that you're Michael Scott