Jennifer's Body???

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Gil T.Azell, Jul 11, 2009.

?

Are you..

Poll closed Sep 19, 2009.
  1. Going to see it?

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Wait for the DVD?

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Neither?

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Buffy invented that?

Hey, who are those OLD GUYS singing Britney Spears' "Satisfaction"? They're totally ruining it!

2. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

'Buffy' honed it, and exemplified it.

Look, if you like it, that's fine. There's a lot of stuff I watch I bet you'd go :wtf: over. It's no biggy.

3. Aragorn

Jennifer's Body doesn't interest me and I'm not going to see it unless I get a free e-ticket or something. I just take issue to people saying something ripped off something else when that something else isn't original either. It's not nearly as bad as people saying John Woo's style is a ripoff of The Matrix, but I do see it along the lines of people saying Wipeout is a ripoff of MXC.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why can't they get Megan Fox to do a high quality movie kinda like Anne Hathaway got with Devil Wears Prada. I like her, but the movie selection is awful.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Probably for two reasons:

One, her tats would mean that she has to have extensive makeup, CG-retouching or wardrobe to cover them up, unless that tats fit her character. I'm guessing a tat of Madonna on the arm and the Decleration of Independence scrawled on your right shoulder blade (I know it's not the DoI) isn't going to suit a lot of characters.

Two, she can't act worth a shit.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Or, her character could just wear clothes for a change ? Lots of women her age have tattoos.

7. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Your example of a high quality Anne Hathaway movie is "Devil Wears Prada"? I don't see how that's a huge step up from junk like "The Princess Diaries" or "Bride Wars". A better choice would be "Rachel Getting Married" or even "Brokeback Mountain" (I have problems with that movie, but I can't deny it's way more mature and intelligent than the majority of the other movies she's done).

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've not seen Rachel getting Married yet. I used Devil wears Prada because it was opposite Maryl Streep and while they all suck, the oscars did recognize that movie. At the time I thought it was a good example.

Just looked up IMDB and Hathaway was in Brokeback. Imagine that.

9. Trekker4747

Perhaps, but her having tattoos depends ont he director's "vision" for the character and the types, places and styles of tattoos she has may not fit very many characters. (The madonna tattoo and the lettering on her right shoulder stick out in my mind the most.)

If you're a director of a movie and you've a choice between equaly talented actresses, both are of the same attractivness and using one of them means no wardrobe restrictions or special makeup and one means having to have her always in long sleeves, no exposed back, or having to use heavy make-up/CGI who are you going to choose?

10. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I might wait for the DVD.
    That lake scene was filmed north of Vancouver, BC. in the Capalano(sp) lake.

11. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

Neither. The only actress I go see because of her beauty is Eva Mendes. But I think Eva is a decent actress.

12. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In that particular set of circumstances I'd hire whoever could put the most butts in the seats. Covering up tattoos with makeup isn't that big a deal.

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Fox made her choice to get the tattoos. If they hold back her career, that's really her problem. I have no issue with them, personally, but I don't think they should be used as an excuse.

14. Mike Farley

Angelina Jolie's extensive tattooing doesn't seem to negatively affect her career.

15. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

On her day, though, Jolie can act. Fox ? Not so much.

16. Mike Farley

True, but it doesn't take a whole lot of acting talent to be successful in Hollywood. Ask Keanu Reeves.

17. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Well, by Fox's own admission, she hasn't exactly been called upon to do an awful lot capital-A Acting in her roles so far, and she's said she doesn't blame those who've doubted her acting ability, because she hasn't had to show any such ability thus far. Refreshingly honest, I thought...

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^So, what you do is you try out for a few smaller, lower budget movies in between blockbusters. This is why Kate Winslet > Megan Fox.

To be honest, Winslet's more attractive to me too.

19. Trekker4747

And to be perfectly honest, Bay isn't the best director to get a person's acting chops out. Ben Affleck, I'm looking at you.

20. Aragorn

What about when Michael Bay makes a movie out of a Jane Austen novel and casts Megan Fox and Ashton Kutcher? :)