Farscape rewatch

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by AntonyF, Oct 4, 2009.

1. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

You're right, Babylon 5 did have standalone episodes throughout the show, but even in those, the main story arc was always present.

And, not to start an argument, but my opinion is the reverse of yours, both B5 and Farscape were great shows, but B5 was the better one.

2. RandyS

Oh it will, prices always drop. That's why I mentioned Amazon. They're selling it currently for $104.00, but it's going for $149.00 retail. That's a $45.00 dollar savings right there.

3. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I plan my own Farscape rewatch when I get the new DVDs this Christmas. I'm glad A&E is releasing them at a more affordable price point $37 per season at msrp isn't bad considering how much they where before at msrp with no discounts.

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Been watching it for a few months now while I putter around in my workshop. Sadly approaching the end. Watched "Kansas" tonight. Loved Aeryn's Cher costume. :eek:

5. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I especially enjoyed "Terra Firma." It felt like a really good, emotional episode. And I liked that they brought Crichton back to Earth -- before the end of the series -- only to have very different feelings about it than one would expect. Classic stuff!

6. AntonyF

AntonyF Official Tahmoh Taster Rear Admiral

I love Rygel on a sugar high, so funny.

I watched the deleted scenes from that, and thank god they removed them. Otherwise it'd have been a utter preach fest.

7. RandyS

Does anybody remember the name of the episode where they all switch bodies? I'm looking forward to seeing that one again when the complete series comes out.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

"Out of Their Minds"

9. Can

Can Commander Red Shirt

The matter for me is nobody else is watching this excellent show anymore. ( DVD prices are still quite high ) My advice is don't just rewatch it. Rewatch it with your friends who had not seen it. Spread fame of Farscape to everybody you know

10. Faldor

Faldor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm looking forward to rewatching the first season for the first time in what? ten years once I finish my B5 run through.

11. RandyS

Thanks.

My favorite scene in that one is where Crichton (in Ayren's body) touches her boobs, and she (in Rigel's body) catches him and says something like "What the hell are you doing??" and he replies, "hey, I'm a guy".

Funny stuff.

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Terra Firma was one of my favorite episodes of Season four, mainly for that reason. Most shows I've seen which deal with trying to get home have it happen during the final episode or not at all. Farscape, on the other hand, achieved what it originally set out to do, but also focused on the consequences of that act. It was like closing the book on the beginning of the series, and continuing onward to what the series ended up becoming, which was a larger more engrossing canvas.