series 6,, what will it be like

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by DumbDumb2007, Jan 16, 2008.

1. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Im guessing that if the film goes well it would be set within the new TOS era. I think it would be good as they could keep the fresh feel and way the universe can run without thinking "oh its going to be ok we know Earth is around in TNG" like there was with Enterprise.

Personally Id set it on a ship slightly smaller than the 1701 but which still looks like that ship (not a scaled down version)

This is all going on the assumption that this renewed universe will be slightly different to how the current one has played out...and the assumption that it will be good.

2. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

It hardly matters what any of us think really.

The movie will not do well in the box office compared to what they are spending on it.

In my opinion

3. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since I mentioned Enterprise C in my post there...would that as a series do well?

4. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

It could.

Though we know the ship really goes down at Narendra in 2044 or so, it could've been in service for a decade or more before that.

5. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

WTF! the Ent-C goes down at Nerendra before the 3rd world war, before warp is developed and before first contact with the Vulcans?

Dont you mean 2344? ;)

Are you crazy!!! everybody loves DS9!!! Its the best series out of them all!!!

6. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It could have if we didnt know what happened to it, every time it gets shot up you know it will survive because you know exactly how it is eventually destroyed

7. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

It all seems pretty straightforward to me. If the movie is a success, expect a series just like it.

If the movie flops I would expect them to go back to the most recent, successful Trek. That would be TNG/DS9/Voy.

8. Omega_Glory

Omega_Glory Commodore

I think that they should only do movies this point in time. With all the series episodes that have already been broadcast, another series just might be overkill.

9. USS KG5

USS KG5 Vice Admiral Admiral

I love DS9, you clearly do, and most of the several hundred posters on this messgae board do - but as far as its profile even as a Sci-Fi show goes, especially outside the the fan community - its basically unknown.

Your average joe actually has the icons of TOS (Kirk and Spock) in their head, they would probably recorgnise Picard, maybe Data, but DS9 or even Voyager? No way.

Certainly there is no way you will see a major new series relying on even a tiny portion of DS9s story, maybe a cute reference but nothing more.

10. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

A situation that I hope continues indefinately.

11. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree, a show based on that might be good. Hey, have you read the novels? They actually touch on the Enterprise-B a little. Sulu's daughter replaces Harriman as captain after 20 years in one of them.

12. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

TPTB are on the same wave, at least gamewise, with Star Trek Online-that's going to be set in the 25 century and not the 22nd, 23rd, or 24th.

And I have an idea for a show set after Nemesis, but around the time of Titan, set at Starfleet Academy, called....well, what else, but Star Trek: Starfleet Academy!

And here it is now:

13. Son_of_Soong

Son_of_Soong Captain Captain

Star Trek: Hairballs

In the 47th century, Tribbles have evolved to become the leading race in the galaxy...

14. Rico

Rico Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The easiest idea is another ship based show, probably 100 years (give or take) past the TNG era. Data could still be around, maybe Worf, Guinan, Tuvok, Odo, etc.

15. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Well, except for that bit about Data being dead. ;)

16. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the spoiler!!!!:mad:

:angel: ;)

17. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Psssst... Rosebud was the sled.

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Data's sled? :confused:

;)

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think we might get some kind of web series or another movie, but I don't think we'll be seeing a series on TV for many, many years.

20. TheCanon72

TheCanon72 Lieutenant

Nemesis was a success?! :wtf:

23rd Century all the way! :thumbsup: