Terminator Genisys..Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gil T.Azell, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc[/yt]

Looks interesting?

2. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Looks interesting. Does this factor in SCC (with which I have no familiarity)?

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

OK. Yeah. Hate the song, but looks good enough. I laughed at Ahnold. I like the gray look, too.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Seems like Terminator: Greatest Hits to me. Unless the reviews are exceptionally positive, I think I will pass.

5. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

I'm psyched for Terminator: Genisys!

6. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Looking at the wiki entry, Paramount must be sure it's going to succeed at the box office. Two sequels have already been announced to release in 2017 and 2018.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Genisys looks to be yet ANOTHER reboot, creating yet ANOTHER divergent timeline. Kind of like Highlander - no two films ever fit in the same continuity.

This is not necessarily a complaint, of course. Terminator films depend on time travel, and thus they will all be reboots to some degree. (Except for the first film, which was a closed loop.)

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

:confused: T2 is clearly a sequel to The Terminator. T3 is a direct sequel to T2. T4 is a sequel to T3. That's not to say things weren't altered as they went, but it's not the same as Highlander with each sequel completely ignoring each previous sequel. (Except for The Source, which barely counts as a film anyway.)

SCC was a sequel to T2 and never in continuity with the later films.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sarah Connor dies of Cancer in the late 90s according to T3.

In TSCC 2029, the resistance sends a fembot back to the mid early 90s right after T2, to collect Sarah and bunny hop her over her own death by natural causes, to use Sarah and John on a mission she never would have lived long enough to do, as well as escape Skynets focus on the Connors in the 90s.

Which is how you have a 16 year old John Connor, and an alive Sarah Connor in 2007. I cried a little when someone explained September 11 to John and Sarah.

Yes, that does mean that Judgement day was moved forward again.

The new movie seems to be set mostly in 1984, so nothing after 1984 matters.

Kyle Reese does everything he did in the original movie to rescue Sarah up to the point that he actually meets Sarah.

How time works (sometimes) is similar to Newtons laws of motion work.

The shape of a timeline and all those within that timeline, will remain consistent in thier choices from the dawn of the universe to the end of the universe unless acted on by an outside force (ie a timetraveller who is now capable of making new choices, but really this just creates a new fixed dynamic that will remain consistent from alpha to omega until acted upon by an outside force, ie another time traveller or perhaps some one from a parallel universe?).

(Yes there are more laws and I can get into that later.)

When Kyle was supposed to rescue Sarah in the night club, there's a turn around, where she rescues him, because Sarah Connor has been preparing for this moment for the last 15 years, being educated how to fight Terminators by a Terminator.

Kyle is suddenly in a new movie where he is the chick.

10. DWMarch

DWMarch Captain Captain

I was primed for this to suck ("I'll be back... with cocoa!") but this trailer honestly looks great. I want to see this movie even if it poops all over the previous continuity. The young actress really got the Sarah Connor "Now, soldier!" line perfect. And who can't love Lee Byung-hun as a T-1000? Take my money, Terminator franchise.

11. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I love Terminator, and it reminds me of my youth, and Sarah Connor is a hero of mine (unless you're counting SCC and I'm not) so, yep, I'll be watching. After having said that, I am prepared for it to suck. It's not often I give stuff the benefit of the doubt, but I'm prepared to here.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Does Paramount own the franchise or are they just distributing the movie?

14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

No just distributing. One of the reasons they announced sequels in 2017 and 2018 is because in 2019 the rights to Terminator revert back to James Cameron. So, they are trying to get as much in before that time.

It is a weird scenario where you only have a 5 year window to make money on a franchise you recently purchased before you lose it.

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep they spent 35 million dollars on it so they need to get that money back really soon.

A TV show is a stupid idea. Just a waste after canceling the last one.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Supposedly the guy on the left is Robert Patrick doing a cameo

[​IMG]

18. Kane2026

Kane2026 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have mixed feeling about this movie now that I saw the trailer. The concept of trying to reboot the 1984 storyline seems interesting, but I thought the scenes in the future were out tune with the visuals from James Cameron. Both the actors playing John Connor and Kyle Reese look nothing like their counterparts from the T1 and T2 movies. You can argue that its not that important, but I think Michael Biehn's composure brought a lot to his character. The new guys looks as though they just walked out of a gym. Emilia Clarke did surprise me a little, she is more of a Sarah Connor than I thought was possible.
    I will keep my fingers crossed about this movie, maybe things will come together just fine.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

With all this time travelling going on, Skynet had better hope that they don't accidentally kill the person who invents it in the first place. Then the entire Terminator timeline mess will collapse on itself. :lol:

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Her impending demise is a spectre which hangs over her the entire show.

:sigh:I miss TSCC.