NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jesus, that was a boring, anti-climactic game. Makes me long for baseball season that much more.

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

One pick on a tipped pass.

The other pick on a hit as he threw.

The fumble on another hit as he thew (you can even see his arm moving forward without the ball).

Problem wasn't Manning, it was the offensive line. Unless you think the safety to start the game was his fault, too; if you do, then we're not even having a conversation.

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure what you're saying, the first interception was clearly Manning's fault, no?
    Anyway, other than that, yeah, he didn't make many terrible mistakes, however he also didn't do anything "special", which you would expect from "the greatest QB ever" as some pundits claimed he is before the game.

4. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Well, now I just have to.

[​IMG]

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That's right, finally a decent car :guffaw:

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Well, at the very least, this ought to quiet down all the 'Manning is the greatest ever' legacy talk for a while. 1/3 in the big game, on top of a pretty awful playoff record in general, coming up small in the big games.

Still a great QB, but to be in the big conversation, can't keep crapping your pants when it counts, gotta win a few.

7. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Couple thoughts on the game...

I picked he Broncos. What I thought would happen is Denver would attack the defense instead of running stupid crossing routes etc.

Once the Seattle defense was able to pin their ears back, it was over.

I thought Seattle out coached Denver.

Why does Denver even bring the ball out on the first kick-off?

Peyton had his share of goofs, but his receivers didn't help much either. How many times did they catch a ball and go sideways instead of up the field? It was hard to watch.

You can't play this game scared... Denver receivers looked scared.

I think I might have given the MVP trophy to Harvin. Denver had no answer for him and he set the tone for the offense.

You gotta tip your hat to Seattle. They came out and played their game.

I can't blame Denver's defense. They stalled Seattle's first 2 drives and held them to to field goals after the offense gave Seattle great field position.

So impressed with Wilson. What a great kid.

We've been spoiled I guess.... most of the last 10 or so Super Bowls have been great games. We hadn't seen a blow-out in years.

Congrats Seattle, well deserved and EARNED on the field.

8. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Manning completed 70% of his passes. The first INT was an ugly ball that floated, but the other two turnovers were him getting hit as he threw/attempted to throw. It wasn't Manning's fault the defense allowed a score on every drive but one. It wasn't Manning's fault that they allowed the kickoff return to essentially end the game. It wasn't his fault that Ramirez went full retard and opened the game with a safety. He wasn't perfect by any means, but he did his part. The Broncos were dominated in every phase of the game, but you're right- this was clearly another example of him crapping the bed.

9. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

If that first safety hadn't happened, I think there'd have been a different game. But that got in Denver's head. The Hawks played Denver in the pre-season and beat them 40-10, but that was the pre-season. We had no reason to think we'd win by similar margins in the championship game.

It was great to see Percy back on the field after he'd been off. All our boys were healthy and able to play again. And our other QB got his chance to play at the end. As for the MAP choice, I understand why they chose Malcolm. He had an intestinal disease that dogged him from childhood. It almost ended his chances in the NFL and yet he was the one who in two games caught some pretty big interceptions.

10. Yanks

Wow, GREAT article. Thanks for sharing!

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

A lot of it was just the shots of manning on the sidelines. From the beginning, looked beat/dejected. It was a frigging 2-0 game at that point, and the greatest offense in NFL history couldn't overcome that? Instead of fired up, he looked like he immediately turtled.

Yeah, not all his fault, but didn't do anything to help himself either. And very few teams are going to win with that many turnovers.

Not all manning, though. A lot of it really was Seattle defense, they played out of their minds. In that respect, kinda glad it wasn't the Patriots in there, don't think they'd have pulled it off either. I'd like to think it would have been better than 43-8, though...

12. Yanks

Well, as poorly as my Steelers started the year, they were playing some pretty darn good football the second half and I think they would have faired better than the Bronco's did. At least they wouldn't have laid an egg. You have to meet the physicality with physicality and the Steelers would have done that at least.

But you're right, I think rather than attack the Denver Offense, the credit needs to go to the Seattle D. They "came to play" for sure.

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

that's really a lot of it. And one of the Seahawks even commented after that they could see manning starting to check out, and it just fed them to keep pushing and kill it. After the Harvin runback, there just wasn't much fight left...

14. Yanks

Yup, no question.

Can you imagine what was going though Peyton's mind as he saw that snap zoom past his head :D

"You gotta be kidding" :D :D

15. Yanks

This game and the hype led to a defense selection for MVP, but I personally think it should have been Percy.

I got to see him play high-school football and my son played against him so I've seen that speed up close.

:D :D During the game my son pointed to his wrist.... he said "that's the part of me that touched him" (trying to make a tackle on special teams)... and laughed.

You just can't appreciate that speed until you are at ground level and see it up close.

Wow.

The Seahawks called a Jet-Sweep, a play that my grandmother could see coming and they still couldn't catch him.

16. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Hard to say what-if, but I think claiming that the result of the game would have been exactly the same without Harvin, minus 7 points or maybe 14 if you're being generous isn't far-fetched. That pretty much takes Harvin out of MVP contention by definition.

17. Yanks

Don't think that's true at all.

Even when he didn't have the ball, they had to account for him.

That, and that TD return for a TD stuck the nail in the coffin.

18. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

That's amazing, Yanks!

19. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My sister had a Pacer back in the day. A powder blue one. :ack:

She came home with it one day. My father took one look at it and tried to have the dealer take it back.

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

My sister had a black one, same bubble style as was in the Seinfeld ad.

Honestly, the color was the least of the Pacer's problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.