Paul Cornell to write Doctor Who crossover for Titan

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The silhouetted Doctorlooks it might be the Third or Sixth... or so I hope, cause I surely don't want to see the Warrior!

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The silhouetted figure is definitely the War Doctor. The hair is spiky in front and short on the sides, the coat is relatively short with a raised collar, and the trousers are tucked into knee-length boots rather than hanging straight. The War Doctor is the only one who matches that silhouette.

3. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Very well reasoned. :)

If you're right, I'm now very curious how this four Doctors story will fit with "The Day of the Doctor." I have a lot of faith in Cornell for this to make sense.

Totally unrelated, every time I look at that image, I wish they had used Paul McGann as he was in 2013 instead of a body double in his "Night of the Doctor" costume for that scene. Maybe the filming dates for "Night" didn't coincide with that scene.

5. Christopher

I agree, but they probably figured that the Eighth Doctor's movie look was more familiar/iconic than his "Night of the Doctor" look, since "Night" was only released online and not everyone watching "Day" would've recognized the older McGann. So sentimentally, I wish they'd chosen differently, but logically, I think they made the only choice that was reasonable under the circumstances.

6. Emperor-Tiberius

I know it is. I was HOPING it wouldn't be him.

Seriously, I've had enough of him.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

It looks like Hurt to me too. I understand and respect why they used him in DOTD but given that this is a comic and not beholden on Eccleston's availability, I can't fathom why they don't just draw Nine.

8. Allyn Gibson

Because maybe this is a story that can only work with the War Doctor? Maybe Cornell has a story he wants to tell with that Doctor that wouldn't work for the ninth?

I'm very curious how a multi-Doctor story with this configuration of Doctors will work. The eleventh Doctor believes he's the last, the tenth and eleventh want nothing to do with the War Doctor, and only the twelfth Doctor might look kindly on the War Doctor. There aren't many Who authors who could make this work, but Cornell certainly can.

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I guess. It just seems a shame to leave Nine out again IMHO.

10. Christopher

Maybe they aren't actually meeting the War Doctor; maybe it's a story where the actions of the later Doctors are informed by the legacy of the War Doctor, or are following up on something he did during the Time War.

11. Allyn Gibson

That's a good thought, considering that the War Doctor (presuming that the silhouetted Doctor is the War Doctor, of course) doesn't appear on any of the other covers that we've seen. (They're not the only covers. Titan had released each Doctor Who comic thus far with multiple covers. I'd expect a "subscription" variant, a retailer incentive variant, and possibly even store-specific variants for each issue of this series.)

12. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I would guess the Ninth Doctor is sort of in isolation verses the other Doctors. He'd definately be the most touchy of them following the Time War, even after encountering Rose.

13. Christopher

Out of curiosity, does Titan even have the license for the classic Doctors? To date, they only seem to have used the modern ones.

14. Allyn Gibson

There was some debate over that when they got the license, as it wasn't clear what, exactly, they had licensed.

They have since clarified that, yes, they do have the license to the classic Doctors and they'll be doing five issue mini-series with them, much as they are with the ninth Doctor at present.

15. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

How have the Titan books been anyway? For some reason I have a bit of reluctance when it comes to Who comics. I usually put it down to how mediocre everyone talks about IDW's time.

16. Emperor-Tiberius

My thoughts exactly.

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

The Titan Comics have been great. I've enjoyed all three of them. The original companions for 10 and 11 having are good too, especially Gabby for the 10th Doctor.

18. Allyn Gibson

19. Emperor-Tiberius

20. Emperor-Tiberius

Not to mention, that the title of the series has already been used for a (brilliant) BF story, with four proper Doctors (5-8).