Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 25, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

27.4%
  2. Above Average

49.3%
  3. Average

23.3%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I got the impression that he thought he was "put there" to kill Ben.

2. roliver

roliver Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, he kept himself around in order to get at Li'l Ben.

3. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Above Average

This episode was a step down from the last few episodes but it was still interesting.

And I'll wade into the time travel discussion as it pertains to Ben...

If young Ben is killed in this episode, old Ben could still be alive (old Ben did not die in his timeline). I guess it depends if the producers are going the Back To The Future route or the scientific route of parallel universes.

4. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Wouldn't being shot by a hostile make him ditrust the hostiles? Why would he join the hostiles after a hostile shot him?

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Alright, that's a better interpretation. I guess nobody got a chance to explain the time travel rules to him eh? :D

6. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

^His pal Richard will let him know that Sayid was no hostile.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Maybe he'll come to revere Richard for saving his life, but at the same time secretly despise the Hostiles in general for Sayid's betrayal. After all, Ben is often of two minds on things.

8. Legolas

Legolas Commodore Commodore

I dont think it works that way because it didnt happen yet and ben would have recognized sayid when he first appeared on the island, right?

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, we don't really know. From what happened with Desmond I think the facts point to it just happened now, so now all of the sudden Ben is going to "remember" all of this happening all the sudden.

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Average. It wasn't slow but it wasn't nearly as interesting as what we've been getting. The ending was a shocker but I can't see it having much of a lasting effect. I felt this episode could've been halved.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Dude, speaking of Desmond, how long has it been since he and Penny disappeared and we still don't know what happened with them and Ben?!

12. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To me, this episode harkened back to the days of the "art of the stall." For example, Kate's statement that she didn't know why everybody else came back but she knew why she came back. But of course she didn't go on to explain exactly what that was. Typical LOST bullshit.

It's pretty apparent to me that they're close to the endgame but now they've got to put some filler in to make enough episodes to get us to the end of next year.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Plus... still waiting on flashbacks for Miles and Daniel and Char-err, so much for that one! :p And will we ever learn the truth about Libby?

14. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was abundantly clear to me that she was talking about Sawyer. Seemed abundantly clear to him, too.

I'm gonna go with Above Average. This and "Namaste" were both really good but "LaFleur" set a high water mark for me this season.

The thing this week and last week had in common were Young Ben-related non-endings. Unless we've been totally bamboozled about "the rules" there's no stakes involved here. We know Ben lives to kill everyone and go on his nefarious spree through the lives of the Losties.

That said, it's forgivable because the ride is still fun as hell. Sayid episodes always rock. There were a little too many shades of Eko's childhood in the teaser but other than that the Sayid flashbacks were all cool. There was nothing earth shattering revealed but I love all that character stuff. Does Sayid think he's a bad guy? Even he's not sure. Until the end when he makes peace with it.

People always give episodes like this grief because it's all "stalling", but if Sayid goes on the war path for the rest of the season (as I think he might) none of that shit would make sense without this. Also, this is the most interesting the quadrangle's been since... well since ever, really. So that stuff's all good too. Although Kate's the weak link as usual. I hope they've got a serious redemption for her character coming up before this thing's all over.

There's more but my mind's still kind of bursting so I'll leave it for later.

15. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

She came back for Sawyer was how I read it.

16. DeafPoet

I think we're in for an interesting explanation about what Ben does and doesn't remember from his childhood. I don't think it's going to go down like it did with Desmond. As Faraday said, the rules don't apply to Des, making those sudden memories possible.

17. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

I love all things Dharma. I love Sayid. I liked the episode.

That being said, for some reason it felt a little boring. The thing with him going after Ben wasn't a twist ending...they were telegraphing it the whole time. The minute you saw him kill the chicken you knew he would kill L'il Ben.

18. Assuming the island rezzes Ben the way it did Locke (twice). That makes Richard and the Hostiles accept Ben as a possible leader.

19. DeafPoet

Yeah, but is healing/resurrection a relatively new development? It would have to be for Richard and the Others to consider Ben special for doing so.

I have a pet theory that maybe Richard somehow has a vision or some other knowledge that the Island will resurrect a guy and he's destined to be their leader. Young Ben comes back to life and Richard assumes it's him. But it's really Locke thirty years later.

20. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ agreed. (to Stone Cold Sisko)

I'm sure Roger 'Workman' isn't going to be any nicer to his recovering from being shot son, either.

I can just see it. "You should have died, because you killed your mother."

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009