Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I will have learned that:

A) I should never watch anything on the CW again.

B) Allison Mack deserves better.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

When Smallville does collapse, half the cast are going to be offered their own CW Pilots, and the other half will be sucked up into preexisting already running shows...

That Lupo girl from Eureka was in the Warehouse with her TV boyfriend "Zane" last night, which has me wondering if they audition together are they Boyfriend girlfriend in real life OR the Warehouse 13 casting people just had a walk though over on the Eureka set and asked anyone to put their hands up iif they wanted an new gig for a week of filming?

But the Nepotism runs hot through SYFY, so why not the CW too?

I'm kind of bummed they canned the Gossip Girl prequel "Lilly" because it sucked, but some of the casting was interesting that something excellent would have come to light eventually.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

By the time Smallville gets canceled all of the main cast will be too old for CW shows. Why cast 30-something Tom Welling when you can just get some other former model type in his early 20's and pay him a lot less money ? Welling and Hartley are cookie cutter pretty boy types who are easily replaced. Another ten of them get off the bus every day.

4. Guy Gardener

Welling would play the hot-guys dad, or grandpa, depending on how long Smallville lasts.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Despite being in the same show as one of TV's best Dads (John Schneider as Jonathan Kent) ever, I don't think he can pull that one off somehow.

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

^
    See:

John Schneider: Actor

Tom Welling: Coat rack.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Pretty much my view of the situation, but speaking as someone who notices how poorly fathers are portrayed on TV in general - i.e. Homer Simpson Syndrome - the relationship between Clark and Jonathan was one of Smallville's strong points.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Tom's probably just going to sit on royalties(he's now co-executive producer for season 9)

Then he'll do Cheaper by the 24 when he's in his 50's to show people he's not dead.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Guy...I didn't mention Ally voicing Power Girl because there was a thread a few weeks ago (I think after Comic Con) that dealt with that! I nearly...well...did something in my pants when I found that out haha. I can't wait to see the movie. See I Me Wed, it's an aweome little TV flick, better than Chun Li and Dragonball put together.

10. Guy Gardener

Thank you, and I shouldn't burden you with any responsibility in keeping my geek up, but I'm still waiting for those dang photo shops.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Good theory.

12. Admiral_Young

Tom probably won't do anything beyond Smallville...except maybe a Smallville movie if that is even in the cards or just still rumors. The producers I don't think discussed them at comic con or any point since.

13. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

14. Admiral_Young

Yeah Erica's in that as well but she's better in I Me Wed. It's quite a quirky little film. Paul Popowich is in it as her love interest, some of you might remember him as Mr. Smith in Twice in a Life Time.

15. Guy Gardener

I'm still bummed she ran out on the collector to join the cast of Smallville, at least i assume that they had planned on using her as the "main" sister being they shipped in a stunt sister.

I still haven't watched I me Wed, but I saw Butterfly II effect so long ago that i might not have known who she was... O? i was amused by the Blonde secretary from Californication was the "girl" in Butterfly Effect III.

I'm busy with classic doxtor who at the moment.

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still remember the days she was the hot brunette chick I was hoping would hook up with Teal'c.

I month later she shows up as a blond Lois Lane. :lol:

17. Guy Gardener

Blonde?

Maybe she had highlights, but the lady stood next to chloe a lot, who for a variety of reasons was blazing like a sun, so Blonde? I have been looking for a new reserve of self loathing to put some smallville into my DVD player....

here's my Problem with I Me Wed... I saw jane Curtain do the exact same thing in Crumbs a few years ago. Sure Crumbs (Gay in the closet Fred Savage failed Hollywood writer comes home to crazy family including the guy from the warehouse, the girl from Psyche and the blonde from kate and Allie.) was mostly shit, but that's Jane Curtain! You don't get called a bitch on live TV every Saturday night by Chevey Chase for a decade without growing a pair. So, before I started, been there done that... however the flick was charming and feel good like it was supposed to be because it was a emo spec order flick for bored housewives looking for a reason to put the vodka bottle down even if the ending made me look for a noose and candlestick.

18. Admiral_Young

Erica had blond highlights when she first joined Smallville. Don't remember her in The Collector (great little series though, had trouble figuring out who the hell Victoria Sanchez's character was, babysitter for that weird kid) and yes Tea'c's potential girlfriend...haha. Kidnapped by the Trust.

19. Guy Gardener

Men, you understand, don't understand highlights, or roots or all that other stuff that costs hundreds and hundreds of dollars... I think that women's hair care only costs so much so that when it's the blokes turn to balance the chequebook he does begin to care very loudly and intensely about how pretty the missuses hair might just be...

I thought this girl had adorable freckles once, one day they all disappeared. She explained that they were called "whiteheads".

20. Guy Gardener

When y'all say "Welling" do you, like I do, say "Welling" like Jerry Seinfeld says "Newman"?