Lost 5x03: "Jughead"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

45.8%
  2. Above Average

49.4%
  3. Average

3.6%
  4. Below Average

1.2%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Oh, cool, that's an interesting tidbit...

Yeah, I see that now. I made my late review first before reading the thread. I think Mr Light struck gold on this one. :bolian:

Yeah, I was here, but only for a few posts at the beginning of the thread and my review. I don't have much time anymore (considering I'm busy training in the Navy and all), but I'm making damn sure I watch LOST. Nothing is going to keep me away from that! :D

2. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Above Average. Better than last week's season opener with some good surprises along the way. And I'm really glad they chose to keep the action off of the Oceanic Six this week, it was nice to get a story which was largely based on the island.

3. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh, and another thought...

I wonder where Jacob "lived/lives" back in 1954? We know that the cabin we've seen him in isn't built until the Dharma days (1970's), but we know know that he was around in the 50's (Richard recognized the name when John said it). So... Where does Jacob hangout in 1954? The Black Rock? The Temple? Or is Jacob actually alive in 1954 and not a "ghost" like we've seen him in the present?

4. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me and the gf got a laugh out of that as well. :D

I'm rating Jughead as Above Average. It was a lot of fun, and the history of the island is fleshed out and expanded a bit more.

On to next week!

5. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Fabulous Episode.

Theory: Widmore already knows fullwell that Desmond will end up back on the island, because somehow he will and be transported back to 1954 and meet young Widmore.

6. Irvy

Irvy Commander Red Shirt

I have a sneaky suspicion that in some twisted way, Richard IS the island, or at least an aspect of it, or bonded to it in a way that means he's not actually a living breathing human, and therefore never ages or dies.

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I saw it coming...but now, where are the two chaps that got the 'unlucky numbers', one ending up in nut farm with Hurley....

And, just wondering, who do you think will end up being the two dead bodies found in the cave in season?

Rob

8. Jenee

Jenee Dancing Goddess Premium Member

I'm not convinced Whidmore or Ellie were 'born' on the island - or came from the Black Rock (if we're still on that theory).

Both had obvious English accents and Whidmore used a couple British slang words. Words that he had to have picked up in England.

As for why he thinks it's his Island and not Ben's ... :shrug: greedy? who knows?

9. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Desmond and Penny. Just a random guess. Hell I would love them to be Jack and Kate. :)

10. Mallet

Just read over at another site, and I haven't confirmed this myself, but apparently the Librarian who tries to help Desmond in Oxford (when he's looking for Faraday) is also the same lady who was working for Oceanic Airlines and let Hurley on to flight 815 when he was late getting to the airport, even through she wasn't supposed to.

The guy posting at the other site says it's not a casting coincidence (casting the same lady for different roles) but that it is intentional.

If so, what does that mean? Is she working for Widmore? Dharma? The Others?

11. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

What about supplies being airdropped by Dharma (a-la Season 2)?

12. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Neither am I. Richard may have always been there, but I get the feeling that the Others have always been kind of a conglomerate of natives and imported folks.

We're not. Or at least I'm not.

I have sort of a theory that Richard and Jacob were about to choose Widmore as leader of the Others but Locke's intervention sent Richard to the mainland to check John out. Consequently, they abandoned Widmore as a possible leader. As to how he was "expelled" who the fuck knows?

13. Mallet

What about Jacob's list? Who's on it & why? Or was that something Ben made up and lied to the Others about?

14. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I was never entirely convinced that those came from off-island. There could be an automated station somewhere which launches those into the air to simulate a drop.

15. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

If that's true, then how long has this been going on for? Since the 70's? How is the food still fresh? Not everything was canned if I recall correctly.

16. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

How would an automated station get a brand new washer and dryer delivered to The Swan :p

17. DeafPoet

Ben? Lie? Bullshit! :lol:

I have a feeling that one of the series's final mindfucks will revolve around something we've long held to be true but Ben was lying about.

18. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Hmm, good point. Okay, amended hypothesis: I'm not convinced those drops originated in the present.

19. DeafPoet

Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing a new DHARMA station: The Parachute! :D

20. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

I was looking forward to a new station: Sears and Roebuck.