Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Great. Just what I don't need it to do.

2. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    There didn't seem to be any change in the dilithium exchange this morning. I cashed in my daily refining amount and got 51 zen for just over 8000 dil. The rate was 158, and has been swinging between 158 and 160 for some time now.

3. TheRoyalFamily

I'd expect that. While we're going to see an increase in dil from the STFers cashing in before the change, the there's still a lot of fleet stuff going on, and as fleets advance there's just going to be even more of a sink for dil. Plus, they're likely saving a bunch, as we're going to need it for the S7 stuff.

There's not really that much of a dil increase anyways - just a lot of folks are going to have tons of ore sitting there, waiting to be refined, as they're probably the folks that get 8000+ a day easy.

In other news, I heard that having more toons is a good way to make lots of zen (if one has the time, and I have the time), more than worth buying more char slots. For purposes of RP, I'm going to try not doing any of the story missions (at least until I can get mk x-xi stuff from them) - my main already is the big damn hero, you know. I wonder how that affects leveling speed. We'll see.

4. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Yup, I have 7 toons so far and they net me a minimum of 13,440 dilithium every day just doing foundry quickies (1,440x7 dil) + answering historical questions (480x7 dil) at Starfleet Academy or KDF Academy. Best thing this just requires half an hour every day.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  5. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

What are those foundry quickies that you speak of?

6. TheRoyalFamily

Go to the foundry mission search thing, and do a blank search under "Hot." There will be some that "Fed SFA Quicky", or stuff like that, usually right on the top of the list. There's one for the academy, the main base (ESD or First City) and DS9. Probably others too, but that's all I've looked for. There's three for each area, so you just sit there and scan one place, for three little missions, bam you're done, 50 fleet marks and 1440 dil richer. There's also some expertise too. And if you don't want dil, you can get an item.

On a completely unrelated note, I started a new toon (my second fed) and went to do the training mission for the charity guys...and after 50-60 Delta Velanis missions, still didn't get one. Funny enough, the very first mission I did at lvl 1 (besides the "grab your stuff" ones) was an Aid the Planet or whatever those were. I had donated some gear from another toon to sell, so I had the EC, but that was pretty lame. And even lamer that I haven't finished that mission yet.

7. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

They are a set of three extremely short player-made foundry missions that can be completed in one shot by pressing a single button, hence the name "quickie". There's a set at every major port of call. You can find them in the foundry by searching for "esdq" (Earth Spacedock), "sfaq" (Starfleet Academy), "ds9q" and "kdfa" (KDF Academy).

I usually go for the SFA quickie as its very close to the history question lady and I can quickly do both and net 1,920 dilithium, 50 fleet marks and some expertise in under 2 minutes. At the same time, I can also grab doff assignments from the nearby personnel officers, killing three birds with one stone :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

@The Royal Family: I haven't restarted the whole mission yet. I'm going to restart from where I am one more time, then if it fails, I'll leave the entire sector, and re-accept the mission.

@Timelord_Victorious: Thanks, next time I'm online and get stuck, I'll see if your online. :)

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Okay, I feel like a noob. I've tried several of the quickie missions and get nothing for them, no exp, no dil, nothing. Doesn't work on any of my toons. What am I doing wrong?

10. Ruaidhri

Are you first taking the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission?

11. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You get nothing for those. you take "Investigate Office Reports" which gives you rewards once you complete three foundry missions.

12. Ruaidhri

News on the Vesta, which gets the Odyssey/Bortas three-variant treatment.

13. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

:drool:

Defiantly planning to buy, now I just need the other 4500 zen to get these bad boys.

14. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

15. Hartzilla2007

I take it we are doing this since its Morn. I mean how can we not do this.

16. Ruaidhri

I say Morn is a must. Otherwise we give back our Trekkie cards.

17. Hartzilla2007

Plus it puts the new bartender to work.

18. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, now we know where Morn had been all that time
    ..he was getting cloned:D:p

19. TheRoyalFamily

What is the cooldown for the various system patrols? I couldn't find it in the wiki.

20. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

System Patrols (in the main sectors) are one-off. If you mean the patrols in the star clusters, they're usually displayed when you check your journal under Available Starfleet Missions with a clock counting down until you can re-run them. (Although I should note that you can do an exploration at any time; just not obtain the "Explore 3 systems..." mission.) For early clusters the cooldown is small enough that I normally don't finish the exploration before it runs out; for later clusters, it's a bit longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.