Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ and avoid people on gliders.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

It's said she is a natural blonde although I can't say I've seen her blonde off hand.

This is a win/win for the Spidey film and fans of hot chicks in the Spider-verse. Don't know if she can act but Elena has my approval. :techman:

3. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do we know if Mary Jane will even be in the first movie? It would make sense to introduce her after Gwen gets killed. Assuming they go that route in the first film.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Ultimate Spider-Man had MJ in at the beginning, shortly followed by Liz Allen and Gwen came in later.

any thing can happen in the movieverse.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Elena Satine has been on a few shows...she is going to be on Smallville later in the season.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spoep31Hm9U[/yt]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spoep31Hm9U

Elena Satine interview scene in "Don't Look Up"

6. Admiral_Young

It's been interesting that sites have reported actresses up for the part of the 'love interest' and never specified which character. Yeah Emma was a natural blond but someone suggested that she dye her hair for a film and she liked it so much that she's kept it that way, can't remember what movie it was for. Read this just a few days ago.

Actually Mary Jane and Liz were classmates of Peter's in "Ultimate Spider-Man" Gwen was introduced in Ultimate Spider-Man #14 (the beginning of the third arc). It's going to be interesting to see if MJ even appears (which I'm starting to doubt right now) and what interpretation of Gwen we see in "Spider-Man". I wouldn't mind if they use "Amazing Spider-Man" for the title.

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

8. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Let's take bets.

I'm betting he's the Lizard.

9. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Chameleon

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

11. Admiral_Young

This is supposedly the role that Michael Fastbender was in conflict over when he had also been offered the role of Magneto and ultimately chose the latter. Interesting, I'm not familiar with the actor at all. I could see him as Norman Osborn. There were early rumors that the film would feature an original villain as well. I could see this guy as Curt Connors as well.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Electro.

I remember him from "Notting Hill"

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Can Rhys Ifans play anything other than Welsh rapscallions? Hmmmmm. Not sure what I think about this one. Though he was brilliant as Peter Cook in a telemovie, come to think of it.

14. Admiral_Young

I finally saw "The Social Network" last night and thought it was amazing. Andrew Garfield was brilliant in it and will impress people when they see him in "Spider-Man" I can see why he was chosen as Peter.

15. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i agree, i think him and armie actually stole a majority of the scenes from eisenberg and especially timberlake in that movie.

16. Admiral_Young

The scene where Eduardo is confronted by Christy...Andrew reminded me a little of Peter in that scene. There were just little things like that. I agree too about Arnie Hammer, he was great as the twins, he would have been an interesting Batman had "Justice League: Mortal" been made.

17. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

was that what it was supposed to be called, JL: Mortal?

18. Admiral_Young

Yeah....I was just thinking that Arnie would make a good Harry Osborn.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Here are some slightly odd casting rumours: The contenders for JJJ in this movie are John Slattery, who's already played Howard Stark in Iron Man 2 (a different actor played the role in IM and a third will play him in Captain America) and Sam Elliott, who played Thunderbolt Ross in Ang Lee's Hulk and then the old Ghost Rider in, er, Ghost Rider. And supposedly this JJJ will be more serious and (sigh) darker than as portrayed in the Raimi movies. Oh dear.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18612/slattery-up-for-jameson-in-spider-man-

20. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

Elliot kind of looks a bit like the Jameson from the old Nick Hammond TV show....

The character was a bit more serious in the Stan Lee years, but has pretty much been mostly comic relief ever since. When you think about it, he and Thunderbolt Ross are kind of similar in some ways-sort of a misguided nemesis for the good guy, although Jameson has never used the same extremes Ross did.