Never seen TOS scenes (revisit)...

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Warped9, Aug 22, 2013.

1. neoworx

neoworx Lieutenant Red Shirt

These are REALLY fun, Warped9. Great idea! I've messed around with is kind of thing, but never to this extent!

2. Harcourt F. Mudd

Harcourt F. Mudd Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow! Blast from the past! I joined TrekBBS at the same time I was following your original thread, waiting hours for all the pictures to load over my dial-up connection. Warped9, you are one of the archetypal Star Trek fans (and internet posters) for me, a three-dimensional character in a sea of blended words. Just reading your signature now makes me laugh out loud in recognition. You've always had my respect, if sometimes not my total agreement. Never change! :)

3. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Indeed. Very cool idea and awesome work. :techman::techman:
    Keep them coming, please.

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

The Lexington and its attack force.

[​IMG]

TAS as live-action.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It Looks crude now, but I still quite like this image. When I finish my 3D model of the TOS shuttlecraft I will remake this image.

[​IMG]

5. spockboy

spockboy Captain Captain

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  6. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Spockboy, ixnay on the semi-clad female images in future.

7. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad Warped9 got this thread back on track.

Sincerely,

Bill

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I liked the Goldie Hawn pic! :adore:

9. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Kirk: "Spock, where the hell are we?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First contact.

[​IMG]

10. spockboy

spockboy Captain Captain

Done and done! :)

11. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

12. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

13. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really appreciate the efforts in depicting TAS episodes. :techman:

14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

15. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Ahh, so glad to see this alive and kicking, Warped9. :)

16. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

The TMP era images were a play on two ideas. The first was to see some more adventures in the TMP era but with a bit more colour added to the uniforms and sets. Secondly I used some fanfic stories some friends and I wrote as a basis for the scenes I created.

The one where there is a ship battle between the Excelsior and Starfleet and Klingon ships was an idea I called "Wargames."This idea has been done in some form on TNG and DS9. It's also somewhat similar to the early Pocket novel called Dreadnought. The idea was that a Starfleet Admiral grabs the Excelsior during its star trials and testing. The age old story where he doesn't think the Federation takes the Klingon threat sufficiantly seriously. He proceeds to destroy not only Klingon ships but Starfleet ships as well in a disputed area to foster heightened distrust. Of course he's caused an incident.

Kirk is dispatched by Admiral Thelin ;) to find the Excelsior and bring crazed Admiral Douche (I never got around to naming him) back. If all else fails then the Excelsior has to be stopped if it can't be retrieved.

Enroute The Enterprise comes across wrecked and dead Klingon and Starfleet ships. The Enterprise rendezvous with another Starfleet starship and together they continue to hunt for the Excelsior. They get word a Klingon squadron is closing on the Excelsior and the two Starfleet ships race to intercept. There is an ensuing standoff between Kirk's task force and the Klingons. They decide to confer and each comes to understand that neither is at fault for Admiral Douche's actions, but that he still must be stopped. There follows a serious engagement with the loss of one Klingon warship and serious damage to the other Starfleet ship. Finally Kirk and the two remaining Klingon warships gain the upper hand on the Excelsior.

Normally the Klingons would try to take the Excelsior as a prize for the attacks on their ships, but obviously Kirk can't let them have the Excelsior. Or the Klingons would rather just blow it out of the sky with everyone aboard. Kirk confers with the Klingon commander who turns out to be less than usually bellicose and they reach an agreement: survivors are to be taken off the wrecked Excelsior and the ship is to be destroyed. But the Klingons also want one other thing: they want Admiral Douche to enact their own justice. Kirk doesn't like it yet reluctantly agrees.

The final scene would be of the Starfleet Admiral being brought before the Klingon Commander. The Admiral is defiant and proclaims, "I'm not afraid of you. And you won't get anything out of me."

The Klingon Commander replies simply with a wry smirk. "Admiral, I won't be the one asking the questions."

It was an idea.

17. Darkwing

Darkwing Commodore Commodore

I'd love to see the written fan-fic to go with those pictures.

18. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Neither I nor my friends wrote an actual story for those images. I just basically thought up a bare bones outline and imagined certain scenes then began manipulating images to kind of storyboard it.

The Pocket Books novel Dreadnaught is somewhat similar in that a Starfleet Admiral does go rogue with a supership. In DS9 they had Thomas Riker grab the Defiant and set out wreaking havoc.

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Hm. Is that where JJ Abrams got the idea or The Vengeance?

20. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Not Abrams, but possibly Orci. He is a fan of Trek novels.