Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks like WB has another massive FLOP!! in their hands. Shades of Green Lantern 2, if you will.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

3. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We'll see. ;)

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Superman Returns did well enough...it would have gotten a sequel but WB decided to re-boot...Superman is a more popular character than Green Lantern and even if the movie isn't great as far as story...the star power+Superman should equal a big opening and hopefully long term box office success.

We shall see. :p

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

This post is a FLOP!!!

6. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't know this; he certainly didn't looked ripped.

Routh was, without a doubt, my favourite part of Returns. Hopefully Cavil measures up.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seriously StarTrek1701 is there anything you like? You keep posting the same opinions over and over again with zero basis for those opinions.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This is hilarious. A brilliant send-up of the typical, knee-jerk fan-boy reaction.

I hope.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The suit looks extremely uncomfortable to wear, like it's made of rubber. When I saw the picture the first time, I immediately heard the sound of two basketballs being rubbed against each other.

10. Captaindemotion

^ Personally I couldn't make out his crotch.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most if not all of these suits are difficult and uncomfortable to wear. It seems to be an unfortunate side effect of the actors playing the roles. It's too bad that they don't seem to be able to make them to be more form fitting and comfortable.

12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Ryan Reynolds lucked out in that regard.

When the first X-Men film was being shot the actors packed up laughing when they filmed the scene where they approach the Statue of Liberty since the jumpsuits were so restrictive to movement they couldn't even hop over a little wall that was in their way.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think they've done a pretty good job of canceling out the fairly unknown Henry Cavil with a pretty amazing cast.:bolian: With the names involved and the franchise there's no way this won't be a huge hit.

14. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Watch the scene when the doctors take off his tunic. That scene alone shows how much that costume hid. They would have been better off spray painting his chest blue and putting a big \S/ on it.

15. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

[​IMG]

He's a big boy.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yeah I never had a problem with Routh or the SR \S/uit...I just felt the overall story was lacking...I enjoyed SR...but felt it could have been alot better...most of the elements were there. :shrug:

[edit] As I have said before I would have had Luthor unearth Doomsday instead of the real estate plot...the black outs, visit to FoS and near death Superman stuff could still have been used...there just would have been a super smackdown instead of tossing new krypton away from earth. :p

17. Captaindemotion

As someone who really liked SR and doesn't want to jump on the bandwagon, I have to concede that the first photo of Cavill as Supes is way more impressive than that of Routh. Routh himself and the costume were fine. But him just standing on that ledge wasn't nearly half as striking as this week's promo of Cavill's Man of Steel in that pose, surrounded by apparently alien machinery or whatever it is.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

"Alien machinery"? It is a bank vault. :p

But it does look more impressive than SR early image. :)

19. Captaindemotion

^ Is it? I thought it was meant to be some sort of spacecraft or machine!

20. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Yeah, I remember that reaction to the first pic of Brandon as Supes. I remember being pretty underwhelmed by it myself but I was so excited about Returns that I forced myself to keep an open mind. The picture of Cavill though... I don't have to force myself. It looks right.

By the way is it just me or does Henry Cavill have a George Reeves mien to him? Not the costume so much but... the look. It screams Adventures of Superman to me. That ain't a complaint by the way. :)