What if Garrett Wang had left Voyager instead of Jennifer Lien?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Ro_Laren, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Xzpezer

Xzpezer Lieutenant Red Shirt

Harry Kim is the most gullible person in star trek

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lynx, your restraint puzzles me. You have no threads devoted to the beautiful, the talented, the delicious Jennifer Lien. Nor have you any devoted to her alter ego Kes. I would start one, but honestly, you know far more about them both, than I.

And I agree about Harry Kim's gullibility, Xzpezer! Whatever that one episode was, where this planet of women were going to fry his brain with hot sex, and plenty of it ... but strangely, he resisted. I'm talking a Bevy of Babes, here, all throwing themselves at him and he was wide eyed ... and white knuckled ... holding on for dear life, whilst they tried to haul him back to the bedroom. Before that, though, they zapped him with a virus that put markings on his head and they told him some fool story about how his dad was shooting blanks and he's really one of them. I forget the whole thing, I just know that ... Harry's more scared of women than can easily be explained away. As it turns out, this one time, that didn't work against him ...

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah you forgot the part where he realized they were going to KILL HIM.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They were pretending to be his space cousins, and possibly his real cousins.

Family.

5. teacake

I love that episode, which I know is reviled, because it sucks me in every time the idea that they could really be his space family. I like that theme, though Harry never had the whole "I always felt I didn't belong here.." deal that usually accompanies such a story. I think they make up for that by giving him infatuation overload with them, they imprint him with them so he feels like he belongs more there than anywhere else. Which is also interesting because even if you feel totes cozy with your current life and planet and species someday you may not.. someday something powerful may come along and it will be like a veil lifted from your coziness and you will see who you really are. I do love this theme :)

6. Guy Gardener

Two things.

Pretty girls do not need to develop personalities.

&

The bigger the cushion, the better the pushing.

7. teacake

You should take some pointers from Guy Gardener here 2takes as he is a true gentleman.

8. 2takesfrakes

Thank you, teacake, I have every confidence that Guy Gardener is a True Gentleman. However, he is only half right, in that Pretty Women have no need of personalities. The reasons for that are obvious and I cannot deny the Truth or Wisdom of Guy's observation in this matter. However, his suggestion that Women of Size may - somehow - be better in the sack, because of their circumference ... gives me pause. One rule I have in dating is this: No Fatties. I have a theory of my own, actually, regarding Ladies of Largeness: I've noticed that, in the main, they seem to have great hair, for the most part. Is it possible that celulite feeds hair folicles more fully?

9. teacake

Wow you sound like quite a catch 2takes, amazing you are somehow still single. What a shame the 3 year old fairy creature of your desires is fictional, I'm sure she'd be impressed with your progressive manliness.

10. 2takesfrakes

teacake!!! Really ...

11. Guy Gardener

A skeevy acquaintance, a friend of a friend really, came up with a bizarre theory that he tested continuously, which he swore was the truth and held firmly to his heart from that moment forward, was that your average larger vaginas attached to your commonly found larger women where in effect slightly collapsing in upon themselves like a fleshy mudslide, similar to how a black hole works but on a much smaller scale. Now he continued to ponder, what happens if you put a large gut, or a pregnant belly on top of this vaginal singularity... As that whale of a stomach is bouncing around during the throws of pleasure, It's like jumping up and down on a suit case that won't close with ease, except that the suit case is a vagina. Taking this as wrote, he had found an endless supply of sexual pressure cookers that could choke his sausage like Vader thinning out incompetent admirals.

The man was also a drunk, a drug addict, and a "rock'n'roll musician" but still, it's a better theory to have faith in than donkey punching.

12. 2takesfrakes

Understood, sir! In conclusion: I am not a Chubby Chaser, that's all I was trying to say, before. But neither is Chakotay ... Tom Paris ... Tuvok ... Neelix (!) ... or, Harry Kim, for that matter. STAR TREK is very short on chunkalinas ... but long on Smokin' Hotties! They come in every colour of the rainbow, in fact ... even Green, which is Kirk's preference, I understand. But, seeing how Kes looks exactly like Jennifer Lien did, in the Nineties ... she was well-blessed in the looks department. And on that alone, she should've been the one to boot Garrett Wang! And besides, I thought the whole point of VOYAGER was Girl Power ... more T&A should've been added - not subtracted! Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense keeping Harry Kim, around. But, that's what they did and after two decades, I don't know what can really be done about it, now. A Fan Edit, perhaps ... ?

13. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

And then I'd have been a Kes/7 shipper, and still hoped Janeway got the airlock. :drool: :devil:

14. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

What? me being restraint when it comes to Kes issues? Huh? :eek:

Honestly, I'm sure that some people would dissagree with you here.

But I can see your point.

It's not so often that I start threads. When it comes to Kes, it might be a reaction to what was going on some years ago on another forum where every attempt to write something positive about the character ended up in a verbal fight with four not so nice people and some of their "fans" as well. In the end I just got tired of it but I was the only Kes fan they couldn't scare away. :)

Anyway, that was some years ago and I do think I've calmed down too since then. I'm no longer ready to pull up a phaser every time someone writes something negative about the character or the actress.

Not to mention that I do maintain a decent Kes website too.

As for Harry, that episode you mention, was it "Favorite Son" where the women were some sort of DNA sucking vampires, out for his DNA to create new children? Well, he was lucky then. He could have ended up like this other guy, Taymon.

A good episode actually. I like it.

15. 2takesfrakes

I have visited your Kes site, Lynx and I must say ... it's a true testament to your affection for both Lien and her character! As for those four cyberharassers and their anti-Kes rhetoric - designed solely to amuse their posse - it's an all-too familiar song. I admire your not allowing yourself to be "victimized," so to speak. But if you ever feel like discussing your love of all things Kes, I think she's wonderful! And it couldn't hurt seeing a wealth of images posted of her. Indeed, it certainly couldn't ...

16. Guy Gardener

Lets swap Kes out with the next 5 stories that focussed on Harry.

Kes might have pushed her way into any of the other crews spotlight but lets just assume that she was waiting for a fair opening.

Revulsion = Harry ran from sevens sexual advance. If Kes had been in his place, maybe Kes would have taken her clothes off like Harry didn't when he was ordered to.

Killing Game = Harry was supposed to give into the Hirogen and keep the trains running becuase they blackmailed him with the deaths of the whole crew as they tortured half the crew. I don't know why but I'm thinking of Kes in a gestapo uniform. The girl just looks really good in black.

Demon = Harry duplicated by the Quicksilver life forms. Imagine eventually down the line millions of super powered Quicksilver Keses all turning into mad senile gods?

(Maybe season four is impossibly light on Harry episodes because when they were have their episode draft, he was supposed to have been fired.)

Timeless = Old Harry sends a letter back in time to save the crew form certain death... No wait? They already did Fury.

The Disease = Hot alien girl gives Harry an std while stealing his command codes. lets just assume this time that it's a hot alien man trying to seduce command codes off Kes this time than go sapphic again... I see a lot of crying. " But I thought he loved me!" Blub, blub, blub.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  17. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

If Wang had left the cast, we'd have been spared his awful screaming every time his character was injured.

--Sran

18. Guy Gardener

Actually if we do bring Timeless into this... Either they get home with the new slipstream drive because Harry sucked, or the crew stays dead becuase only Harry is a little bitch enough to call for a Mulligan after 15 years.

19. 2takesfrakes

Harry Kim also tested the limits of his friendship with Tom Paris, when Harry dated - and eventually married - Tom and Kes' daughter. Kes gave VOYAGER the shirt off her back and Harry insinuated himself into becoming a recepient of that generosity - taking his fill ... taking full advantage of the Good Will of others onboard, whenever such an opportunity presented itself! He never really asserted, or proved himself. He just rode the coat-tails of those around him, allowing him to skate by! So, is it little wonder, he never found himself promoted? There's no small irony in that Kes, who did go on to challenge and improve herself, was the one who got chucked overboard, while Kim's position remained sure ... and so secure ...

20. Guy Gardener

He was Captain for a month, in the Killing Game.

How does that fit in with your theory?