NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ I just hope da Bears can do the same next week.

GB at home for the first two weeks sure must've looked good on paper.

It figures, a mediocre player (Harbaugh in this case) usually makes a much better coach than a superior player.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The refs at the SF/GB game were horrendous. They were missing calls left and right, and threw a flag for blocking in the back that wasn't actually blocking in the back while completely missing blocking in the back that actually was blocking in the back!

And the NFL is probably really lucky that the Seahawks didn't end up winning their game against the Cardinals. The refs there gave the Seahawks a fourth timeout while they were on the goal line. If they'd scored and won, there would have been a huge controversy.

3. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Seems like there are a lot of really high scoring games this week. So far, every single team has scored at least 10 points. If that holds up in the Oakland-San Diego game as well, it would actually be the first season opening week where every team scored double digit points since before the merger.

4. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll hold judgment until they play a good team, but yeah, wow.

The O-line, maligned during the preseason, even held up. Only one sack on Brady.

Hightower and Jones looked sharp.

5. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I thought the replacement refs did a good job in the Jets-Bills game.

And, to be honest, I've liked most of the other games more because of them. They are letting the teams play a little rougher, a little more physical, than the normal ones allow. Or atleast it seemed that way Sunday.

6. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

The replacement refs are serviceable, better than I expected, but still not very good. And the term is scab, not scrub.

I also think people are reading too much into Week 1.

I don't think the Packers or Giants are that bad, I don't think the Jets or Bears are that good.

I think Houston is severely overrated. I think Atlanta and San Diego are severely underrated. I think the AFC will come down to Baltimore and New England.

This sounds like 10 Things I Think I Think, which I did not intend to do. I'm a bigger fan of Tuesday Morning Quarterback anyway. I'll do it in haiku next time.

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Agree with everything except that I think the Bears really are that good. Cutler has the "Romo" factor where everybody shits on him despite him being a very good quarterback. Add to the fact that he actually has a receiver this year in Marshall and isn't relying on having to throw to a converted corner. (Hester)

I think Houston will never impress anybody but still rack up wins. They are extremely well coached. They run the ball control the clock and they avoid turnovers with a game managing quarterback. They will win a lot of close games with their style.

8. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Commander Red Shirt

I just want to say Go Pats!!!

9. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Holy shit... this game is just bad. The Bears offense is being utterly dominated.

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same old dogshit Bears offense today. Last week must have been a fluke.

11. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm calling it now: Bears' O line for offensive players of the week, as in how fucking offensive were they?

12. Skywalker

*settles in and waits for Timby's reaction*

[​IMG]

13. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Da Bears still suck. Always fun seeing overreactions to week 1.

I really have no idea where the Packers defense is going to go over the course of the season. I'm glad they put Shields back on the field over Bush. The pass rush looked decent for once, but then again we're talking about the Bears offensive line. J'Marcus Webb was a disaster.

It didn't really look like offensively the Bears made much of an effort to mimic what was successful for San Fran. Forte eventually left injured but probably wasn't involved enough in the passing game to that point. San Fran also ran lots of (illegal) picks to get people wide open. I'm not seeing how Tice is an upgrade from Martz. I didn't really understand their game plan, if anything it looked like it was drawn up to make the Packers D's job easy.

Defensively, Urlacher is looking old. Overall they weren't terrible. We didn't exactly light up the scoreboard. The Packers offense has not looked like the offensive juggernaut of the past few years at all yet. I suspect their approach is a little stale and a predictable. Finding creative plays to utilize Randall Cobb seems like the best way to get untracked and open up the field for the rest of our playmakers.

It was nice to see Slocum's much maligned special teams finally punk Chicago at their own game. So many games have been lost to the Bears over the years because of some block or punt return. Got some payback on that level. And good on Crabtree for getting the score. Seems like a cool dude, his twitter is pretty funny as well, as close as we're going to get to Kluwe-level anyway (Kluwe being the only good thing to come out of the Vikings franchise uhhhhh ever).

14. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Let me join you.

15. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

4 picks, 7 sacks, and a 28.2 QB rating.

That's the Jay Cutler we all know and love....

:lol:

Seriously though, that poor bastard....he's a good QB but he needs some help. And fast.

16. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

That doesn't include the dropped balls. I HATE dropped balls!

17. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Last week they played Indy- big difference.

Glad to see the Packers defense show up. I don't expect their D to play like that every week, but it was a nice change of pace. And considering the Packers offense has been a bit off-kilter so far this year, they're going to need a little more defense.

18. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Glad NFL Network got this stinker, instead of an actual good game like last week's Denver/Pittsburgh match-up. I'm sick and tired of these marquee games going to ESPN or NFL Network; I am not going to be threatened into signing up for cable.

19. Skywalker

Certainly. *passes the popcorn* :D

20. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

I too eagerly await the Timby rant. It will be epic.

As for Jay "Dumb-Face" Cutler, he needs an offensive line. Doesn't matter how good your receivers are, if you don't have time to find them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.