The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Toys R Us will open Friday 12:01am on Sept 4th.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    And some Targets will also be open at Midnight on the 4th for the event. There are rumors that electronic, life-size Chewbacca standees will be put on display to greet shoppers who come into stores that night for TFA toys and other merchandise.

3. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Of course my wife is on call overnight in the hospital that night. So I guess I'll be getting what ever is left over in the morning.

4. cooleddie74

I wouldn't fret about it. They'll probably stock so much new product that you could wait a full 24 hours and not miss much of anything.

5. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

My Funko Pop Scarlet Witch came today!

[​IMG]

6. Saga

got this today. Jotaro Kujo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. i'm pretty pleased with it. comes with multiple hands, an extra head and extended pocket flaps for posing. now all i need is Star Platinum.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Target Exclusive remote controlled BB-8 has been spotted. Someone who purchased it posted a video of it in action on Facebook.

8. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Interestingly, I was at my local Target today and I noticed the second wave of the Hot Wheels starships series on the shelves. The first wave had the Falcon, Slave I, Ghost, Y-Wing and Snowspeeder, and it looks like the second wave keeps the Falcon and replaces the others with the X-Wing, TIE fighter and Vulture Droid fighter. When I was checking out, the VD got flagged because apparently it's not supposed to be available until Sept 4th.

I couldn't buy it to avoid any sense of favoritism and I didn't mind (I had some other toys I was more interested in), but I got the impression it had been put out by mistake and that I told the staff I hoped that restriction wasn't potentially true with the other new vehicles, because I could imagine the problems it would cause.

9. cooleddie74

Six days and counting until Force Friday.

There will be a retail awakening....can you feel it?

10. Saga

my wallet is gonna feel it.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some stuff is starting to leak through...next weekend is going to be exciting and yeah my wallet from Sep to December is going to be pretty empty I think :)

12. cooleddie74

Right now my main focus is on the best of the 3.75" figures available for the launch (I'm passing on a few of them because they just don't look very good and/or the articulation and accessories are far too reduced and simplified) and grabbing a few of the 6" Black Series figures, mainly Kylo Ren and Rey with BB-8. The ships and vehicles with 5-POA figure pack-ins can wait for sales and markdowns as there aren't many of those that I'm all that interested in at the moment.

It's a good thing the 6" Kylo Ren is packed two per case because they're gonna need the extra copies of him to even attempt to meet the demand next weekend. I think most of the 3.75" figures should be fairly common with the Kylo Ren also being the most popular character of those assortments.

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since they botched Rey, yeah I think the Black Series Kylo Ren and Finn figures are probably going to be the most popular out of that series, Rey will get bought but probably because she is packaged with BB-8.

14. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think I want that remote controlled BB-8

15. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6plXGDtM67o[/yt]

16. cooleddie74

I wish Hasbro still produced regular and eye-catching commercials for their Star Wars license. They're seriously deficient and even negligent in promoting it and have been for years now. They might generate more excitement and better sales if their supposed target customers (you know, kids) saw more TV and Internet ads for their new toys.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I'm holding off because I know people will be customizing their own with wifi and 6 beverage cup holders

18. TheVortaKeevan

TheVortaKeevan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Does anyone have any of the Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship collection?

19. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I felt a disturbance in the Force, as if millions of wallets cried out in agony, and were suddenly silenced.