'Deep Breath' to get Cinema release

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

This is my biggest gripe going forward. He doesn't have the presence yet, although I'd like to chalk that up to being new and uncertain in the role. In saying that, as much as I wasn't fond of his tenure, Matt really threw himself into the role from the get go, and that made The Eleventh Hour the best of the four intro eps for the new series.

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Probably has to do with the rough cut nature of the leaked episode.

3. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Maybe it's kind of like Jon Pertwee, he started with a comedic approach but by his second story was more commanding as you put it. After all, Capaldi's outfit at least is modeled on him.

4. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Also about Matt Smith and Eleventh Hour, it's important to remember that it was not his first story filmed, he actually did the Angels two parter and (I think) Victory of the Daleks before that.

Whereas I'm pretty sure Deep Breath was filmed first for Capaldi.

5. VST

VST Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Booked my cinema ticket to see this today, with the live satellite Q & A with Capaldi afterward. Could not be more excited.

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking about seeing it just for the novelty. It's basically on my way home from work. Anyone else near the AMC Livonia in Michigan?

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

When I saw Guardians of the Galaxy today, the theatre's pre-show had a segment dedicated to Doctor Who. For the most part it was just fluff explaining the history of the show. At the end they did promote the theatrical screening of Deep Breath, saying that there will be showings on August 25 and 30. I can't imagine very many people will be going on August 30, since I imagine most Who fans will ne at home watching Into the Dalek.

8. Prophet1701

Prophet1701 Ensign Red Shirt

For those looking to go but disappointed that no theaters near you are showing it, keep an eye on websites for the local cinemas. Just found and bought tickets for the show in Madison, WI, but Madison locations haven't been posted yet to the Doctor Who Cinema page (http://www.doctorwho.tv/watch/cinema/). Presumably, most theaters that showed DOTD will show this as well.

9. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I was thinking about seeing this in the theater, until I saw the price. I don't know about elsewhere, but in my neck of the woods, they are charging $25 per ticket to see it, and that's days after it's already premiered on television. I can (and eventually will) buy the blu-ray of the whole season for less than that.

10. Prophet1701

Prophet1701 Ensign Red Shirt

Ouch, that's outrageous! I thought it was bad having to pay $15. (My price becomes even more reasonable since I don't need to spend $3 to buy the episode on Amazon Instant Video.)

11. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral