Black and white version of Deep Breath has leaked

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Atticus, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Episode 4 SUX.
    First Pink is horrible, no chemistry with Clara.
    Second, I HATE that Moffat is now going into the Doctors past ON GALLIFREY where it is TIMELOCKED and interacting with Little Doc.

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

That was not Gallifrey at all. It was the barn on the desert planet that we see the War Doctor walking too. That's is why they showed that brief bit with John Hurt. Clearly its the Doctor's childhood hideout, so that answers why we see the war doctor taking the 'Moment' there.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

But where is that barn supposed to be? If not Gallifrey, then why did the War Doctor expect activating the Moment within it would destroy Gallifrey? Then again, if it is on Gallifrey, why wasn't the sky above red?

4. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

On Tardis Wiki for Day of the Doctor they say "Returned to the barn on Gallifrey...". The script for Listen keeps it vague but I can't see why if the Doctor is running and hiding in the barn and his parents can just walk in casually I would be very surprised if it were on another planet.

It would make sense that a desert would be untouched if it had no tactical advantage for attacking it. Then again the Daleks were hammering the shit out of the atmosphere and none of this was visible above the desert.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why are we using spoilers "here"?

The barn was timelocked in Day of the Doctor when all the TARDISes landed there to stop the War Doctor using the Moment.

The reason that the Moment is a scary piece of hardware is that it can destroy a Galaxy. As long as the barn was in Kasterberous, Gallifrey was in the Blast range.

The entire universe inside the era where the war occurred is timelocked. Gallifrey did not make it out the other side of the Time War back into unlocked time but it still exists free range in the past before it entered the timelocked years where the war was fought, but if you want to go into Gallifrey's past before the timewar then there are TimeLords there who will not appreciate knowing about the Future and Transenduction barriers that are reasonably effective.

6. Candlelight

The episodes haven't aired, hence the spoilers.

The whole Time Lock thing was a bit weird. It was sort of implied in the first NuSeason that the Time Lords vanished from known space during the war, which to me implied ALL past, present and future eras of Gallifrey were taken out of time to fight. Now I thought this included Skaro and anyone else included in the war and yet the Doctor lands on the ruins of Skaro in Asylum of the Daleks. I would've thought the whole planet would have vanished - although we know now that the Moment was never used, Skaro never burned and only the Daleks present around Gallifrey - which should technically have been all of them - were destroyed, leaving Skaro an empty ruin. Probably much like Babylon 5's Z'Ha'Dum prior to the season four episode "Epiphanies".

So who knows.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

This should have been the black and white thread and not just the black and white Deep Breath thread.

Waaaaaaay too late now.

The Doctor Destroyed Skaro in Remembrance of the Daleks, yet it was still there in the 1996 Movie.

All of the nestene's food worlds had been destroyed in the timewar, which is why the Nestene intelligence tried to eat the Earth in Rose. It would require a sustained paradox machine (probably a jiggered sun) to keep the Nestene alive on the front-side of the timelock if they starved to death before the war started and never could have fought in it.

But then the same could be asked how the Doctor could have been born if Gallifrey was had been destroyed or never been created.

:)

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

In DOTD I assumed it was not Gallifry because the sky was not red and there was no evidence the Daleks were attacking the planet, it was very quiet.

9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

There's an interesting Easter Egg in "Time Heist"...

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

If nothing else we now know that modern audiences will still watch black-and-white TV. :)

11. Candlelight

So... has The Caretaker leaked yet or do we think this guy only had five?