Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Bought everything vital today: Tea, coffee, sugar, bread and scotch. :lol:

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cross stitch magazines and jewelry making supplies. I also stopped by World Market to stock up on sweets I can't find anywhere else...except amazon, but I don't want to pay for shipping!

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Bought two tickets to The Debt (which was pretty good) and then picked up lunch at Jimmy Johns (YUM) and then the weekly grocery shopping.

4. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I just came from Amazon, ordering books: Anne Rice's vampire series, The Road to Cana, and got a good deal on Will Durant's The Story of Civilization set. :D

5. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

7" Wusthof Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku

[​IMG]

to add to my growing collection of this line :)

6. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

I bought The Big Issue on my way home. It's got an angry looking Lego dude on the front :)

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Bought myself a cowl neck top from Coldwater Creek with a birthday coupon. Woot!

Funny----cowl necks were last popular when I was in junior high. Now they're back. I guess, if you live long enough, the things you wore as a kid come back in style eventually.

8. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Traded a couple of blu-rays for these:

[​IMG]

The MLP:FIM McDonalds set. :D

10. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

You lucky bastard. They're show-accurate! :eek: Seriously, those are better representations of the on-screen characters than the Hasbro toys.

11. Amaris

Amaris Guest

You bet they are, and I was willing to give up my blu-ray copies of "Avatar", "Serenity", and "Get Smart" just to own them! I should have them in a week or so, and I can't wait!

12. ares93

I got a gold plated Certina Automatic Blue Ribbon for roughly 4€ today at the local flea market. Far from perfect condition, i'd estimate a B3 or possibly a B2. Depending on how its looks after i cleaned it. But i know a guy who can do wonders with watch casings. Mechanically it runs fine and its accurate as hell.

FYI: A good A1 or A2 condition goes for roughly 800-900€ on various auction sites.

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Name any price, I want a set :D

14. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting. I recently purchased a Wusthof tomato knife:

[​IMG]

I know very little about Wusthof knives. I bought it because it's like the knife Dexter uses in the credits for the show. And because I'm shallow that way.

Actually, I started out with a cheap Chinese plastic-handled tomato knife, and found it quite useful. So I decided to upgrade.

(But mostly because of Dexter)

15. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

Well, you picked a superior brand and the "Classic" series is pretty high end. I got a pretty good head start on my birthday, and now I'm focusing on the set of six Classic steak knives (pricey at around $200 for the set).

Also, now I need to start watching Dexter ;)

16. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

A 32" Hitachi ultrathin LED tv to replace my PC monitor and to double as an office TV.

[​IMG]

RAMA

17. ares93

Ooh! I have one of those! Thats one damn good telly. Waterproof too. (dont ask)

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

:wtf:

19. ares93

I had the window wide open and it was pouring down straight onto the telly. (i have it right beside the window) couldve just as well taken the garden hose and drowned it. Same bloody effect.

The only other telly i know that survived this is my old panasonic from 1982 i believe. First color telly panasonic made. Survived two years on th balcony. Snow, rain, you name it.

20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I zipped around on Ebay to see if I could find another set and I can't. :(