So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since I was last online:-

Books 1-7 of The Laundry Series by Charles Stross (Enjoyed)
    Apocalypse Troll by David Weber (typically a fan of his so no-brainer)
    Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy (was time for another read)
    Red's Untold tale by Wendy Toliver (bit meh to be honest, but I like the character so thought I'd give it a go)
    Red Phoenix Burning by Larry Bond (preferred the first, but not bad)

Probably a couple of others, but I'd have to recheck my list:)

2. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm currently reading TOS: Elusive Salvation and Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi(first re-read.) Im enjoying Heir to the Jedi much more this time. Elusive Salvation has been outstanding so far. I'm about 80 pages in on that one.

Jinn and Kilana2 like this.
  3. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I just finished The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. Next up is either one of H.G. Well's more obscure works or The Voyage of the Beagle by Charles Darwin.

4. Thot Tnak

Thot Tnak Captain Red Shirt

I just finished reading David Mack ST novels "Typhon Pact: Zero Sum Game" and "Section 31 Disavowed." Both deal with the Breen and the relationship between Dr. Julian Bashir and Sarina Douglas. Excellent books!

Since "Section 31 Control" won't be available until Dec 2017, I bought a SW novel "Jedi Search" which deals with a weapon that might make an appearance in Episode IX...

5. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Star Trek: SCE: Ambush.
    I'm currently reading Torchwood: Something in the Water.

6. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Still reading. I have done about a dozen books this month. Read three recovery biographies: "My Schizophrenic Life" by Yuen-MacKay; "The Quiet Room" by Schiller & Bennett (Amanda); and, "When Quietness Came" by Hawkes. A bit intense. After finishing the Millennium trilogy with "Inferno" by Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens I also read the "Avatar" duology by S. D. Perry (2001). Bought a copy of "The Battle of Betazed" but not sure what I shall read next. I am getting into modern territory. Ordered a complete set of ST-TNG DVDs to watch at my leisure after they arrive.

7. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I finished The Tommyknockers and am now reading Needful Things by Stephen King. :D

8. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Just finished ST: The Patrian Transgression by Simon Hawke. The Enterprise runs afoul of political conspiracy and telepathic cops, and Kirk argues with diplomats as usual. The characterization didn't stray from the show, and there were some funny lines.

This is #1 in my attempt to read and decide to keep-or-discard nearly a hundred Trek novels I bought for $20 back in 2006.

9. John Clark

I remember enjoying that one.

I've just started Elusive Salvation by Dayton Ward.

Jinn and Kilana2 like this.
  10. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished reading The Mirror universe story anthology Glass Empire. I've started re-reading book 1 of the Data book series by David Mack.

Kilana2 and Jinn like this.
  11. C. Cole-Chakotay

I'm loving Needful Things. Castle Rock is being set up for major trouble. :D

12. indianatrekker26

I'm a few chapters into Star Wars: Lords of the Sith. It's my first re-read of this book. I'm enjoying this one much more this go around. But i'll probably pause reading this book, because tomorrow i can't wait to pick up Star Wars: Bloodline. I read the first 3 chapters of Bloodline, through a free preview. I was getting sucked in. I'll probably have it finished in record time. it's been a long while since i wanted to burn through a book so bad.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize Bloodlines was coming out tomorrow already. I thought it wasn't coming out till later in the year.

14. C. Cole-Chakotay

I finished Needful Things in the wee hours. :D I really enjoyed the book. I'm not sure what I'll read next.

15. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finished reading Star Trek Persistance of Memory by David Mack and Pride V Prejudice by Joan Hess . I started reading Time Travelers never die by Jack McDevitt.

16. John Clark

Finished Elusive Salvation and have moved on to Solitude Creek by Jeffery Deaver.

17. C. Cole-Chakotay

I'm reading Cujo now.

Kilana2 likes this.
  18. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I recently read Vol. 25 of The Walking Dead graphic novel collection: "No Turning Back."

19. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Finished reading "The Battle of Betazed" by Charlotte Douglas & Susan Kearney (2002) and just started reading "Zero Sum Game" by David Mack (2010). Also read "Kluge: The Haphazard Construction of the Human Mind" by Gary Marcus (2008) and hope to read a book about cognitive remediation sometime soon. Still slowly going through "Madame Bovary" by Gustave Flaubert (1856).

20. indianatrekker26

i have about 4 chapters left in Star Wars: Bloodline by Claudia Gray. Just an amazing novel. It's been a long time since i burned through a book in only 2 or so days. I can't recommend this one highly enough. After i finish this, i thought about reading all of the old cross-over Star Trek series: Invasion!, Day of Honor, Gateways, etc etc.