Kate Mulgrew - Orange is the New black

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by KaraBear, Jul 24, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

OH and btw JRulez may I just say that I love this question :adore:

2. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I don't know what the chicken thing is since we've only seen the first two episodes, but I really enjoyed them. I do admit I was shocked when I first saw Kate Mulgrew. She looks so different...and hearing her swear is kind of weirding me out. For me it's kind of like watching my mother LOL

3. teacake

Oh you should watch her in Mercy, she is a hoot! Plays a hard drinking New Jersey mom with a mouth like a whip and a sewer had a baby. Very very funny. I've tried to post some pics but flickr seems to have changed it's settings and I can't figure out where the share codes are. It is driving me nuts.

4. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

I Like her page on FB and have been getting copious updates in my news feed for a couple weeks. It's a good resource for Kate fans.

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Any word on season 2's filming on her FB page?

6. JanewayRulz!

7. Katie O'Clare

Katie O'Clare Lieutenant Red Shirt

I dont know when they will start filming for season 2 but I've read somewhere that we'll have to wait another year for season 2...so maybe they'll start filming by the end of this year..at the latest. and depending on how many episodes they'll do...Im hoping for more than 13...does anyone know?

8. JanewayRulz!

9. Katie O'Clare

Katie O'Clare Lieutenant Red Shirt

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Men hate Janeway because she stole all the balls.

11. teacake

12. Guy Gardener

The page always breaks half way through a joke. :(

13. JanewayRulz!

I just finished "Tall Men with Feelings"... am I going to hate Larry for the rest of the season?

14. Guy Gardener

He ruined pies for me forever.

That fucker deserves what he gets.

15. teacake

Larry is so utterly repulsive, I hate looking at him.

16. Guy Gardener

Your problem, and believe me it appears to be becoming a problem is that because you think that men can be attractive, that if there is an appropriate level of praise for the good looking ones, then there must be an inversely proportionate degree of scorn and malice that must be levelled towards the unfortunately dour.

As a straight child growing up, being deadly afraid of being called gay, it was the 80s that was just the mechanics of life, there was a time that it was easier to be stabbed than be branded gay, but we've all evolved, and we know that we were silly back then, but saying that a man was ugly was as bad as saying that he was pretty because acknowledging that there was a spectrum was the first step towards opening a bed and breakfast in Vermont with a bear named Barry.

A social instinct for survival taliored our senses to perceive no pretty boys or ugly dudes, just a blurred "meh" where all men's appearances were a formless putty collection of who gives a damn... So, decades later, when I can finally comfortably admit to myself an appreciation for the male form and conternance... Mr Biggs is still a huge tub of bland.

Oh, and I still hate him, because he took my girlfriend.

17. teacake

I am talking about fictional characters here. If I met Jason the actor and he was a nice person I wouldn't find him repulsive. If he was a really lovely, funny, interesting person I would find him hot. There is very very little in physical looks that wouldn't be transformed into hot by my brain if I find the personality attractive. I was repulsed by Rush the first time I watched SG:U, to the point of hardly being able to look at him but this time round watching it I'm digging the character and suddenly what was creepy looking is charmingly scruffy and I want to touch his cheeks.

I like objectifying fictional characters and sometimes they are the hot object and sometimes they are the eww object. I may have inadvertently strayed into bashing the looks of real people (ie the actors) at some point though I usually have a filter that stops me from doing that. However I do understand that while tossing fictional characters around for dissection and mockeries and lusts some people may read that as my talking about the actor themselves. That is not my intention.

18. JanewayRulz!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

:eek: :cardie: :eek: :scream: :eek: :wtf: :scream: :eek: :cardie: :klingon: :eek: :scream: :wtf: :cardie: :eek:

I have to wait HOW LONG to see what happens next????

19. teacake

So I take it you have finished the series?

20. Guy Gardener

Have you seen Netlix's other original series House of Cards yet?

I in no way condone the quality but...

http://m.fanfiction.net/tv/Orange-Is-the-New-Black/

Orange is the new Black fanfiction.