The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah the Governor stuff is semi entertaining but (IMO) is getting stale, I hope they end it early in Season 4 and move on to something else.

2. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Other than the backstory about his daughter Penny, he has about as much depth as your run of a mill Trek or Wars villian.

3. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was commented on during The Talking Dead, too! :lol:

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree it was getting stale, but having him die in the finale would have been way too predictable and expected, I think.

No matter how much it might piss people off, I'm kinda glad the writers decided to hold off on that a bit (as long as they don't keep him around through all of Season 4, which I agree would be too much).

5. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

They should've killed him earlier this season and move on to a more interesting plot.

6. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah would have liked them to have killed the govenor ending his story and have them move on from the prison and see whats left of the world yet we have the prison again all next season.:o

7. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm doubting it will be at the prison all next season + the Woodbury and Prison sets I'm sure were expensive so AMC want's to milk it for what they can.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

According to Robert Kirkman's TV Guide interview they planned on keeping the governor alive into the 4th season before they even cast the character.

I'm not sure what the Governor and two guys are going to able to do against the prison group next season. They're so out manned it's not even funny.

9. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I don't think it will just be the Governor and 2 men. I think they will join forces with other devolving survivors.

When they were still on the farm the kid they had tied in the barn (I forget his name right now) said he was part of a group of about 30 men who had very violent methods. They would know about the residents of the farm and would want their own form of revenge.

The graphic novels depict several different groups of survivors. These 3 won't be on their own for long.

10. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

is there anyone watching this show that actually likes it?

11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

...don't forget the solar panels which line the dividers on Woodbury's streets.

Carl.

12. TREK_GOD_1

Do you think people complain too much to like the series?

13. TREK_GOD_1

Randall was the name of the kid Shane murdered.

That's how the Governor will leave the series; attack with a new group of deviant survivors, and end up meeting his end while killing some of Rick's group along the way. I guess it is not a stretch for fans to prepare for more tragedy for longtimers in season 4.

14. TREK_GOD_1

Yeah, but he's a means to an end--the end of some of Rick's group. He has to strike a final, painful blow, and I can understand why the producers did not want a neat wrap-up to an arc at the end of the season (as in the CDC or the farm battle).

15. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This was the best ending I've experienced in a great while.
    Rick chose to live and The Goveronor chose to die. He comes back from a rout as his conscripts begin talking revolt; he can't go back to Woodbury with a stinging defeat and a grumbling "army" and obviously he can't regroup and go back to the Prison so, 27 deaths - and a couple of anus clenching henchmen - later, he rides off into season 4. Most likely with Randall's old group...
    Meanwhile Rick brings back a busload of new cast members (hopefully along with a bunch of food, and supplies like as was mentioned, a generator) and no longer sees Lori as he has chosen the correct path.

I think the show will jump ahead a year or so - sure, you grow up fast in the apocalypse, but Carl's character should still not be shaving quite yet - and we will find the Prison a functioning community albeit on the lookout for more threats than from simple walkers.
    The walkers are just dead; the Governor and his ilk are the walking dead. Rick and Company have chosen to live.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Am hoping they do a time jump to solve the issue of Carl looking real old in the past 8 months of the show (was 8 right?). I wonder if the first halve of next season will wrap up the current storylin e and the 2nd half to introduce a new threat.

17. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Governor's scariest trait isn't that he is unpredictably crazy. I pretty much got that idea the 1st time he sat down to enjoy a little aquarium skull tv time. His scariest trait is that he can coax people. If those two guys are willing to ride along with him after seeing what he's capable of, then it's possible for the Gov. to amass a new group, because unlike Rick's group has been of late, the Gov sucks people in with skill

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've seen it all over the net that David Morrisey (The Governor) will be back as a regular next season. So I guess we should expect to see him in the majority of the season.
    As for the finale, while it wasn't the big epic battle I was expecting, I thought it was a great overall episode.
    While I can see why Carl shot the kid, I really don't think that is the kind of thing a father wants to see his son do. It was one situation where I could see both sides and I honestly don't know which way I would have gone.
    While the confrontation at the prison wasn't the huge battle I was expecting, it did lead to a incredibly shocking moment as The Governor killed his people.
    As for the two guys going with him, I took as them being terrified that he would kill him to if they didn't go with him
    I really liked that we actually got the positive moment as we saw the Woodbury people brought to the prison. I loved the symbolize of it happening as the sun was rising. It really was a new day.
    I never thought I would say this, but they actually made me feel bad when Andrea died. I kind of wonder what would have become of her character if she had lived. I could see all of this bringing about some pretty major changes in her.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

‘The Walking Dead’ Season Finale Shatters More Records; Watched By 12.4M

Wow!

20. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ETA: ^ Cool!

The Kid should have taken the look on Carl's face seriously, he might have made it through the encounter alive.

How long did Shane act as 'daddy' to him? Sure, Carl didn't hesitate to put Shane down when he threatened his Father after turning but I think all that time Surviving with Shane leading has set the example for Carl about what works for survival pretty deep into his consciousness. Rick HAS to try to reboot Carl's sense of compassion but I fear it's a long and possible futile endeavor he faces.

Poor Andrea.

Someone up-thread asked what happened to the 50., wasn't it attached to the truck the governor and his goon squad drove off in? Yeah agree, they'll be back with greater numbers and the surprise factor is gonna be their side. Watch your back, Rick!

Poor, poor Andrea.

I felt the prison assault was a little weak in execution but I am not bent out shape over it. It happened so fast I might have missed something; did the guy with the grenade launcher get taken out by the trap? Must have 'cause he wasn't using it to fire upon the ambushers (yes, that's not a word) on the catwalk.

Poor, pooooor Andrea. I was kinda disappointed, when after the governor stabbed Milton and left, that we're taken back to her story at all. Yes I understand it needed official closure but I had already imagined her torn apart by that time. She had already paid the price for her mistakes in my imagination so when it finally cut back to her, after I had closed that chapter in my head, it sucked. I felt like I was watching Jadzia Dax's (IMO) stupid death scene all over again.

Oh, yeah, I heard the noise after the shot to be an ejected shell as well.