Wow, Farscape was awesome!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Zoloft, Jan 17, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yes, I completely agree. When I first re-watched Season 4, I was amazed at how much substance there actually was and how it all would eventually relate to the final arc of the series.

I'm just saying...at the time, the first half of season 4, as it aired on the SciFi Channel, was frustrating.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

AKA The Saddest Episode EVER! :lol:

3. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Actually Sci-Fi never made that request.

http://www.karlsweb.com/KarlswebNewscape/Articles/RockneStarlog.htm

4. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

(Watching the episodes, commenting as I go)

OK, Won't Get Fooled Again was awesome. I like how Crichton never buys into the illusion even for a second. The development that there is essentially a mini-Scorpius inside his head is chilling. Some great lines. "Then I can't arrest you." :lol: The design of the Scarran was much improved over the one we saw in the "princess" trilogy. Quite creepy.

Yet another great set in that creepy underchamber where Crichton was being held. Have I mentioned that I like the sets on this show yet? :lol:

Oh and Rygel with the whip. Oh my god. :guffaw:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love the show too. I love the humor, the characters (muppet and non-muppet alike), and the drama and how moves me emotionally. I love Crichton and Aeryn's relationship and how you can sense the connection between them from the moment they met.

I've only watched the first season, most of the second season up to the second-to-last episode, some of Season 4's episodes, and the miniseries which I rank as one of the best series finales in TV history but I've been able to piece together all that happened in the parts I haven't seen from fans' comments, video clips, and episodes' references to past events.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You haven't seen Season 3?! My God, man, what is wrong with you? Get to work!

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

You haven't seen the third season? It's one of the best seasons of television I've ever seen. Easily the best season of the show. Worth seeing even if you've been spoiled as to what happens.

8. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm too lazy to look for the other long thread, so I'll ask in this one. I'm watching Farscape through Netflix for the first time and am in the middle of season 4 (just started the one with clams in the title).

I'm confused about a couple of things. First, where did D'Argo get his ship? It just seemed to be in the hangar bay. Why was it attuned to his ancient tongue? Why not modern?

Also, why did Chiana suddenly develop these visions? They just seemed to have started for no reason and have now happened quite often without explaining the cause. Chiana doesn't seem to know why it's happening to her, that it is unusual to her race.

Otherwise, Farscape is an enjoyable romp.

9. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

They got the ship in that episode when the asteroids were going to hit that space station. I forget the name. I think D'Argo just saw it floating out there and "recognized" it as important somehow.

Chiana's visions started after she was inhabited by the Energy Rider, so that's the common theory about the cause. However, they were never really explained and they actually seemed to change in nature after a while.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

"Suns and Lovers," from the very beginning of Season 3. It was floating outside the space station and they rescued it. There wasn't a whole lot explained about it other than it seems to be of ancient Luxan design.

Yeah, after she was possessed by the Energy Rider in "Losing Time," she began to exhibit weird powers. They started subtle at the end of that episode, when John asked where D'Argo was and Chiana knew (without looking) that he was entering that room. Her powers got more intense towards the end of the season when she "saw" Moya being swallowed by the wormhole.

During the break between Season 3 and 4, her powers continued to change, and she found herself able to see slow time down (or at least her perception of it), which she used to cheat at gambling. Authorities caught her, imprisoned her for a while, and treated her like trash, which is why she's a lot more twitchy and angry at the beginning of Season 4.

11. cubbie

Thank you both!

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Thank you! Because once again, I read this thread, and I was suddenly motivated to watch some Farscape!

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Heck, I'm watching some right now! Finally getting to the Season One finale after having taken a hiatus for a few weeks. It's funny, it'd been probably five years since I'd seen any episode of the show (before I got the Complete Series DVD), and a lot of stuff happened in the first season that I thought didn't happen until Season Two. :lol:

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've watched this whole show so many frelling times that I have almost 4 seasons worth of dialogue memorized. :lol:

15. cubbie

I just finished watching clams and coup. I could not stop laughing. Poor D'Argo for experiencing grannies pleasure, but the best was seeing Ben Browder in a dress. :lol:

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think you mean "Coup by Clam," but yeah, I loved that ep. Some people don't, but I thought it was hilarious.

17. cubbie

That's the one! I never can remember the titles. I think I enjoyed it so much because it was having fun with the characters.

18. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Holy crap, just got to the end of season 2! :eek:

Well, I know that Aeryn doesn't die because she's on the COVER of Peacekeeper Wars for crying out loud. So this lessened the emotional impact of that scene somewhat. This was still an excellent episode however. I loved the bits with Scorpius-Crichton which was a very satisfying conclusion to the neural chip arc, and I don't want to exaggerate the impact of that cliffhanger ending but what immediately came to mind was the end of ESB where Han gets frozen in carbonite. I can't think of another time I have been so angry at a villain on a TV show.

Die Me, Dichotomy really illustrates the need for the fan movement Society Against Cruelty to Crichton. :lol:

19. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome indeed, a bit of Australian verve is evident in its making.

Also welcome, the Ozzie stars. Such as the beautifully befreckled Raelee Hill.