RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,096
Members: 26,071
Currently online: 451
Newest member: BatesMcFadden

TrekToday headlines

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old July 27 2015, 08:13 PM   #1801
cardinal biggles
HHHHIIIIIIIIIIII...

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Donny's TOS Enterprise Interiors

Have a great time at the convention!
"They quickly settled on the slender island at the head of the bay, which they called 'Mannahatta', after an old Indian word thought by some to mean 'island of hills', and by others 'place of general inebriation'."
—New York: A Documentary Film
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2015, 08:48 PM   #1802
Nightowl1701
Captain

A couple of miscellaneous notes while waiting for Donny to return:

First, the mystery of 'what's up in the Bridge's ceiling?" has been solved.

That's from Richard A. Coyle of the ST: TMP Appreciation Society on Facebook, who also provides pics of a prop Spock used in Engineering in TMP:

Nightowl1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2015, 09:18 PM   #1803
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

Actually, Coyle posted a number of on-set pix to Facebook revealing small details I'd not seen before.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2015, 10:24 PM   #1804
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

There are a bunch of cool photos there, but it appears as if there might be some TWOK photos in there, including what appears to be the later redress of the bridge as well as the repurposed Klingon section for Enterprise engineering and the reactor prop thingy that Spock was fiddling with.
Old August 2 2015, 10:48 PM   #1805
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

Yeah, but as Donny is doing the TWOK version that's a bonus to him, I'd think.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2015, 02:49 PM   #1806
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Oh, I agree 100%, I just found those TWOK-era photos to be a curious addition on a site that otherwise seemed more dedicated to TMP, albeit a welcome one.
Old August 3 2015, 04:54 PM   #1807
Donny
Captain

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post
A couple of miscellaneous notes while waiting for Donny to return:

First, the mystery of 'what's up in the Bridge's ceiling?" has been solved.

That's from Richard A. Coyle of the ST: TMP Appreciation Society on Facebook, who also provides pics of a prop Spock used in Engineering in TMP:
Oh, this is a great find. Thank you so much, Nightowl1701! I'll add this to the bridge when I do my "second pass" I'm planning (Once I complete all the main areas of the ship, I plan on revisiting all the areas I've built so far and tidy things up or enhance certain details).

I leave for the Vegas convention tomorrow, guys!

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2015, 05:57 PM   #1808
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

One interesting thing to note about the dorsal silhouette on the "bubble" is that it appears that it might be the "Phase II" version of the Enterprise. It's difficult to be sure at that resolution, but you can see what appears to be those two distinctive little notches cut out of both the pylons where they connect to the warp nacelles. I guess this set dressing, like so many others, was completed before the redress of the studio miniature and they never bothered to go back and change it. It looks a little more evident in this pic with the kid holding it. Very cool find with these old photos!
Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM   #1809
kennysmith
Lieutenant Commander

I am going to do one better from my new
Friend I meet at my computer expo we had in July-26,27,28.
I have him and his friends and me are going to make a video web page as a full 3D walk thru of the old star ship enterprise. With out no sound and new colors. To change the look of the TOS ship. It may look like the star ship we all see but it will be something you will like. But it will not be ready for 3 years from now.
I do think you may like it or not. My friend and me where only talking. But it is only a start.
kennysmith is offline   Reply With Quote