Build Your Own Publishing Schedule- 2014 Edition

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by ryan123450, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Indeed and looking at it, it may be a bit of an over kill.

Although think of the money, the kudos of being on the New York best sellers list five times in a year and the amount of Jack you'll have to consume for it too work. ;)

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I realized that Bad Robot had to approve the YA books, I just thought that they might have been less concerned with them since they were set before the movie. I still find it weird that they've let all of those be published, but not the adult books. The only noticeable difference was when they were set, so I thought that might have been the reason they weren't published.
    I had forgotten that Orci and Kurtzman's K/O Paper Products though. Does that mean that any Abamsverse tie-ins after Into Darkness comes out would have to be approved by K/O too, or would it still just be Paramount, CBS, and Bad Robot?

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm not really sure how it works. You'd have to talk to someone who's actually in the loop. Orci comments regularly on TrekMovie.com, and sometimes does Q&A threads, so maybe you could ask him there.

4. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, this. Title's pretty clear in soliciting OUR imagined/fantasy schedules, so we could pretty much throw in any imagined Trek-related novels we want. I wasn't even that creative when I said 24th century, was I? :)

5. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

What I'd like to see is a lot of variety-- a mix of both TV and original-to-TrekLit novels, along the lines of:

JAN: TOS
    FEB: DTI by Christopher L. Bennett
    MAR: TNG
    APR: Corps of Engineers (a new hardcopy collection of the next uncollected stories, as well as a return of (at least one) new eBook)
    MAY: JJ-verse
    JUN: TITAN
    JUL: DS9
    AUG: AVENTINE
    SEP: VOY by Kirsten Beyer
    OCT: New Frontier by Peter David
    NOV: ENT: Rise of the Federation by Christopher L. Bennett
    DEC: a Special Event title

I enjoy all the current TrekLit authors, so besides the specific cases I mentioned above I'd be happy with whoever wrote what!

I rather like the TNG ebooks, as they feel more like episodes since they're shorter, so I'd like to see more of those thrown in as well.

6. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

I want this! :bolian::bolian:

7. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sure, why not?

JAN: TOS novel set during the 5-year mission
    FEB: TMP-era TOS novel
    MAR: Captain Pike-era TOS novel
    APR: Lost Era featuring Enterprise-B under Demora Sulu's command
    MAY: Lost Era featuring Enterprise-C
    JUN: Stargazer novel (featuring its first deep space exploration assignment post-Maker)
    JULY: DS9-R novel
    AUG: TNG novel set during the original series
    SEPT: Titan
    OCT: TNG-R / Second Decade ;)
    NOV: VOY-R
    DEC: ENT / Rise of the Federation

ETA: I'd also launch a new monthly eBook novella series, a la Corps of Engineer, featuring either the Stargazer or another original crew. Hey, it's my dream schedule...

8. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I'm reasonably sure you're referring to a novel set during the TNG series run, but now the thought of a TNG novel set during TOS intrigues me... :lol:

9. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOL yes, I meant a TNG novel set during the original run of the series, not during the TOS era. Although hey... :rofl: