30 minute video diary of Destination Star Trek London

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Welshslider, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could have had 7 events in 7 weeks. I did 3 and am doing a 4th.

2. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Like I said, it's getting a little excessive for me. I do have other stuff to spend my money on. Whatever money I have left, that is. :D

Shanndee, you have a pic with Jeff Combs? I didn't see it! :( I didn't have a photo taken with him, but I did get to talk to him. He is such a nice man! I'm really happy I got to meet him. Scott Bakula said during one of his talks that Jeff still calls him pinkskin. :lol:

3. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Why yes I do Alienesse! I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for me to post it in this thread, but if you want to see it I can...

I didn't get to talk with Jeff for very long, but I have to give him credit for carrying the conversation when I got to him and realized I had nothing to say!...and it is funny that he still calls Scott Bakula "pinkskin"!

It is a shame about the price of conventions isn't it? I've only been to 2 of them, but Las Vedas definitely was a bit of a black hole for money. That's part of thr reason Hubby says he has "retired" from cons...I think I may be able to help him see the error of that line of thought...

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well thr things that make cons expensive is travel and hotels/food etc.. It all soon ads up.

5. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Yes, that's partly true. But the tickets/merchandise prices don't help much either. At least they didn't in London. I haven't yet added up my expenses because I'm afraid to, but let's just say I spent a lot of money at the convention itself as opposed to travel/hotel.

Shanndee, I'll PM you to talk more about Jeff.:D

6. Unimatrix Zero

Unimatrix Zero Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Welp, it's been a week since you finished work on a Friday to go home and pack for the Convention. I hope people are still buzzing from this. :)

One thing I will say is that the turn out in the UK is an indication of the 'hunger' that exists for more ST shows. I sincerely hope CBS is aware of that.

I am relieved that ST fans do commune with each other in a friendly way. That's the impression I got from watching the vid plus others from the US conventions.

If you haven't watched 'Captains' by Shatner, I highly recommend it. I've been nagging at Lovefilm for ages about getting hold of the documentary...

7. Welshslider

Welshslider Commander Red Shirt

I certainly hope there will be more big events in the UK. My bank account may say no but I never listen to it.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

So did anyone catch the five captains talk on the Friday?