The 12 Worst Star Trek: DS9 Episodes Ever

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by fieend, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I was thinking that if Valiant can get a mention in this thread, then I'd 'like' to bring up Prodigal Daughter. I was getting a bit fed up with the Ezri overkill in the final season, and this episode in particular was one too far for me. I wasn't very invested in her family, and the mystery with the company and Norvo was dull. O'Brien shows up too late in the story, but when he does nothing interesting happens anyway.

I'm not sure why Ezri had to be anywhere near the follow-up to Honor Amongs Thieves in the first place, expecially as there was such a derth of O'Brien material that season.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It probably started out as just an Ezri episode, and then the writers thought it might be neat to follow up on "Honor Among Thieves" at the same time.

3. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only episode I consistently list as bad is The Muse, all others I enjoy to one degree or another but The Muse I skip most of the time when watching the series.

4. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Q-Less has one of the best Q lines of all his appearances!

"Ugh! Picard and his lackeys would have solved this hours ago!"

Fascination is a personal favorite as I've always viewed it as "A Midsummer Night's Star Trek." Not sure if I'd call it one of the worst episodes though.

The OP does get some credit though for including stinkers like "Let He Who Is Without Sin..."

5. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Its annoying that you have to click through every episode instead of just making it a list.

6. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

Profit And Lace--I do not remember what it was about, or how it ended, only that it was bad.

The Emperor's New Cloak-- bad. Or way too silly and over the top.

And this is why they had no money for extra special effects :rommie:

7. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Can't remember the name, but there was one episode where the DS9 crew played baseball with a group of Vulcans. Now THAT was bad...
    And I haven't taken the time to compile a worst list yet, but I do agree with a couple on your list. I don't think Move Along Home is as bad as most people say, though. It's just a fun little romp that's neither good nor bad IMO.

8. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Take Me Out To The Holosuite? I love that episode!

9. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

That's the one! I couldn't stand it. It was way too silly and ridiculous. DS9 did comedy waaay better in a lot of other episodes.

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

No "The Passenger"? That's really high on the suck-list for me.

I disagree with "Move Along Home" being the worst. Sure, it's silly as hell, but I still laugh at it's sillyness.

11. Bisz

I agree, I never had a problem with Move Along Home. Its not great, but I enjoy it well enough. especially for the Quark and Odo moments.

12. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's been a couple of years since I've seen DS9 now, but I can only think of three really bad episodes

1) Melora
    2) The Muse
    3) Profit and Lace

The rest of the episodes are watchable (and of course enjoyable, some more than others though :D , but these three are absolutely horrible and should never have been made )

13. Bisz

Ah yes, Melora was quite bad. I don't know why it doesn't stick in my mind as a stinker as strongly as The Muse does.

14. Nociod

It's one of the episodes where I almost fell asleep :P, and constantly looked at the time wishing it would hurry up already. Not a good sign :D

15. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

I agree. It's boring as hell.

Both Move Along Home and The Storyteller had a quirky TOS-like quality, IMO. :shifty:

16. Bisz

I downright like The Storyteller, its chalk full of Miles and Julian, everything else aside that right there is enough for it to be a decent episode of DS9.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't watched DS9 since it's original run (even though it's my favorite Trek of all the series) and don't know episode titles, but the Vanessa Williams Risa one was pretty awful.

18. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with you...it seems some people missed the main point of the episode: it really WAS just a game. ;) Just a light, fluffy, silly thing for fun. :)

It will always be a sentimental favorite. Not because it's "good," but because it didn't take itself too seriously, and it was fun and a bit surreal.

19. Nociod

Just thought of another bad episode!
    * "Let He Who Is Without Sin

So that makes it four really bad episodes :p

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Heh, yea, watched that one last night