Sigourney Weaver talks Alien 5... again...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

It would have been better if Alien 3 didn't suck.

Sorry if that's overly harsh, but none of the movies really have been any good after Aliens. Saying they shouldn't have made W-Y the master of everything is a minor problem compared to the movie as a whole, but it is a valid point.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Alien 3 despite it's many many many MANY flaws, of which, yes, the Company thing is probably the *least* odious.
    Mostly I think my affection for it is down to the visual aesthetic, overall tone and Ripley's internal character development. By comparison, Resurrection felt like a bland retread. I mean at least Alien 3 *tried* to be something unique.

As previously stated, I don't count the AvP films in this. Those are part of the Predator franchise as far as I'm concerned and those films have problems all of their own.

3. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

The film needed him as an antagonist early on, but when the aliens took over, it allowed Gorman to redeem himself by him finding his humility and ultimately sacrificing himself.

A lesser film would have kept him as a nag the whole way through, or at least until he got killed unceremoniously at some point (as a moral "punishment" for the blood on his hands by botching the initial raid.)

Bill Paxton made a much more entertaining nag with his "Game over, man!" hysterics.

4. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

That the routine procedure for repair and maintenance on comm equipment parsecs away would consist of sending out a team of soldiers on a sleeper ship makes...no sense at all, really.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well the point wouldn't be to repair it for them (presumably they have engineers of their own) it would be to verify the status of the colony since direct contact was lost. Doing so with a trained military unit is just prudent.

Like I said, if they were *really* expecting trouble and bought into Ripley's story, they'd have sent a larger force and probably a full science team too.