Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Sep 25, 2012.

1. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

I haven't watched the other endings yet.

With that being said, the boss ending seemed to be plausible in the context of a dog-eat-dog hypercompetitive university department (ie. patents, Nobel Prizes, funding, etc ...). Though this would seem to more the territory of places like a Harvard, MIT, Stanford, etc ..., than a university in Hawaii.

2. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I voted for the TA and am on the East Coast, we had the boss ending. Not a fan, this office grunt went to all this, murder and everything just for some accolades. I didn't buy it. I also didn't like we were being prompted to vote before we even met the student suspect. Ummm ok

3. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How did the ending change except for a name over the cell phone and a different guy being shot by Steve and Chin Ho?

I was expecting a bit more from Sang Min, it was a replay from his lat appearance, are they setting up another escape from Hawaii's supermax? Will we see an intern CSI Guido, they clearly stated he has to go to school somewhere so no instant academy for him.

Still I liked it, I don't expect Sherlock Holmes stuff from Commander McGarrett

4. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Overall, it was a bit lame. I was hoping that it would have some more impact, now it just seems a way to get people to watch live and to push the website and eventually the DVDs.

I guess, in my head, I had hoped we'd have had more evidence to support it being one of the suspects, instead of what amounted to randomly voting for who we thought, at first blush, it would be. I guess it's hard to have the ending ready in time if you need to have watched 3/4 of the episode to see enough to make a valid prediction.

I guess I was hoping for Clue the game (ie making a guess based on evidence gathered), but instead, we got Clue the movie (ie multiple random endings just for the sake of random endings).

5. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

They didn't, which is kind of lame. All three had the same motivation? Come on. It also bothered me that there wasn't really any evidence against anyone--it was more a wild guess than anything. Great idea, but the execution was lacking.

I still liked the episode, but more for the other story lines and the humor. Also, it was great to see Jeff Fahey in the ep--love him!

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It's hard to do these multiple choice endings for a murder mystery and have them make sense so it's easier to offer no real clues so any ending can work.

7. Kimi3013

Kimi3013 Captain Captain

It was basically terrible execution of a bad idea.

8. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Hopefully a gimmick that won't be repeated. The two alternate endings were available On Demand, and quite frankly I couldn't give a crap about any of the three endings.

9. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It probably would've been better if they had actually made three separate final acts instead of just a scene that's only a few seconds long.

10. cardinal biggles

^That's not a bad idea. The episode running longer (maybe 90 minutes) so there's more time to flesh out the three possible perps and their motivations could have helped, too. I didn't get to watch it live, but as SAndrews pointed out upthread it's a problem when they're telling you to go online and vote for a suspect that hasn't even been introduced into the story yet (the student). :o

11. Top41

Don't forget there's a new episode tonight after the football game on CBS. I think they're saying it will start at 10/9c but I'm sure that's approximate. I think we're getting a new episode tomorrow, too, in which case, two new H5-0s in a row! Which is pretty cool. :D

12. Top41

Anyone watch tonight? I thought it was okay... was that really Billy Baldwin?? He looks so different. The episode was SO far-fetched, but I did love that Sang Min got away. I really do love him--he's a great bad guy even if he was written inconsistently in this episode. I had a hard time believing he'd turn on Chin (since he was trying to get in good with 5-0 by helping him).

13. Enterprise is Great

This explains why Sang Min was on last week. What's going on with Kono's boyfriend? I've never really trusted that guy. He's up to something. Kamekona's breakfast burritos sound totally disgusting.

14. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

It was Daniel Baldwin. Billy Baldwin played the bad cop, Frank Delano, in season one and the season two premiere. So they eventually hired Daniel as Delano's brother. It doesn't sound like there are any other Delano brothers, so I guess no roles for Stephen and Alec. :lol:

15. Top41

Oh right--from Homicide! I always get those Baldwins mixed up. :lol: I'm sure they can invent more Delano brothers... somehow I don't see Alec doing the show, but maybe Stephen? The rogue younger Delano... :lol:

16. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought last night's episode was a lot of fun. Had a video game, Resident Evil vibe to it. I liked the use of San Ming here and he's become a good recurring character. Just when you think he's going to become one of those reformed bad guys, he proves he's a snake in the grass once again.

17. cardinal biggles

Once they burn through all the Baldwin brothers, maybe they can bring in Adam Baldwin as a guy in law enforcement who's also named Delano but isn't related to those Delanos, and he's sick and tired of them ruining his good name.

18. Top41

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: Love it!!

I really liked Monday's episode. I figured Wo Fat was framing the congressman when we saw (or rather heard) him in the beginning. Also bonus points for casting Stephanie Jacobson from BSG Razor! Love her--she's so good.

The Steve and Danny stuff in this episode was really sweet. I love that Steve made a point to dress up to go to court for Danny, and Danny fixing his tie was just adorable. Not surprised about the outcome of the court case--for a minute I thought it wouldn't go Danny's way and Steve would ask the governor to interfere, but it seems to have wrapped up neatly.

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I'm glad the governor didn't have to interfere. That Danno being a great dad was enough.

20. Enterprise is Great

It's about time Wo Fat showed up. He was quite for too long.