I need Star Trek Fans!! (what better place!)

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Ineedtrekfans, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Ineedtrekfans

Ineedtrekfans Cadet Newbie

As the title states I need Star Trek fans. (PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS POST BEFORE RESPONDING!!!!!!!)

I am a college student and currently writing a paper. I am also a pretty hard core star wars fan. I am writing a paper about cultures that I am not naturally a part of. So I thought trekies through the eyes of a star wars fan.
    So I need Star Trek fans of any age, size, color, gender, whatever, that are aware or a part of the sort of on-going "war" between Star Wars and Star Trek cultures and that are willing to answer a few questions either through e-mail or phone whatever. I'm pretty busy so a face-to-face contact, though ideal, may not be possible. :confused::confused:

Also be aware that this is completely voluntary and this is for a humanities class so some of the questions may sound very personal and if there is anything you want "off-record" (such as statements, age, and gender, whatever) please let me know and I will respect your wishes. :):):):bolian:

Please respond via e-mail if possible (ekcandelaria@gmail.com) Thanks so much!!!

2. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I think you are going to find Star Trek fans VERY unwilling to participate in this. Given the stereotypes we are subjected to regardless of how normally many of us live our lives, many of us are very leery of potential exploitation. I know I want no part of it.

3. Ineedtrekfans

I understand your concern and I am not forcing anyone into anything they don't want to do. But I want there to be no misunderstanding. This is not about exploitation, infact it is about the exact opposite. This paper is about getting to know a culture that is not my own. It is meant to be fun friendly, and slightly toung-in-cheek. Meant to be getting to know another culture through the eye's of a very similar culture. So If you don't want to be a part of it that is perfectly fine, but please don't misunderstand my intentions.

4. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

No war for me, I adore BOTH franchises - although Trek is admittedly my favourite. Conflicts of this nature between "warring" fans are fairly ridiculous IMO. Probably says quite a lot about their maturity.

5. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I agree with LOKAI. I love both franchises (and I'm also a Harry Potter fan).

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a "war" going on between Trek and Wars fans? First I've heard about that. I myself am a fan of both franchises, and I think you'll find quite a few Star Wars fans among the Trek BBS. The Sci-Fi and Fantasy forum frequently has Star Wars discussions going on, be they review threads for the recent Clone Wars episodes, threads about upcoming novels, or even threads discussing rumours and plans for the franchise's future. There is no war of any kind between Trek and Wars fans. Here on Trek BBS, we accept that anything has entertainment value.

Now there are websites out there which are still debating whether the Enterprise can take on a Star Destroyer, but those sites are both silly and outdated.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Because we all know that any Enterprise would absolutely own a Star Destroyer. :p

8. Ineedtrekfans

so.....not helping me with my paper then? haha! thanks for responding guys but I do need interview subject for my paper so please respond to my e-mail if you are willing. If not thanks for the replies anyhow.

9. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

You can send me those questions through a pm if you want.

10. Robert DeSoto

Robert DeSoto Lieutenant Commander

^ same with me. send a PM

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'll answer the questions as well. Send a PM.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  12. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Myself as well. I've engaged in a few debates/arguments on other boards concerning this subject, both the empire and the federation have certain advantages over the other. Although the the federation will always possess a unique strategic near guarantee of victory.

Send me your questions as well, via PM.

:):):)

13. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I'm mostly ambivalent about Star Wars (although I can enjoy the movies and consider Empire to be a science fiction masterpiece), so I suspect I wouldn't be much use. Different people like different things, and Star Wars is a bit more accessible at the end of the day. However I will participate in this if a case of Old Crow whiskey (I'm a cheap date) is delivered to my front door by nine a.m. tomorrow morning.

You have twelve seconds to decide.

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

But what if the Star Destroyer was commanded by Batman, and he had time to prepare?

Not that it matters, since neither the Enterprise nor a Star Destoyer (regardless of if Batman were on either ship or not) could defeat the TARDIS.

15. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Has anyone every heard back from this guy? Not only said to PM me, but also sent him (him?) a email telling him to email me back at one of my yahoo accounts. Nothing.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ditto. I wish Star Wars hadn't been mishandled as badly as it has been - sure, Star Trek has been through the wringer but it never was as bad as the PT. However, Clone Wars seems to be turning things around a bit. It would be nice to see both franchises being treated well for a change.

And as for the OT, just post the q's in this thread and let us respond. I don't have time/patience for email or phone interviews but I'll answer questions here.

17. Ineedtrekfans

I'm sorry if I havn't been able to get back to some people. I did get quite a few responses so I may have accidently skipped over a few people. And just FYI, I am a female haha!

18. Eckauskas

Eckauskas Commander Red Shirt

Have to agree with this.

Trek > Wars, though.

19. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed on all counts.

20. Robert DeSoto

Robert DeSoto Lieutenant Commander

^
    Nope. who cares. we were doing him a favor, no need to chase him.

Maybe Nerys Ghemor scared him off. Guess Star Wars fans got no balls hahah