I must apologize...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by sayonara maru, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really? Has it got some kind of blanket coverage or something? Or are you talking about politics?

I'm just in my own little bubble here, the only input I get about NuPony is online. It's not like it's out there, in my street, being colourful.

2. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

haha nothing sensible. here in the uk there was horse being sold as various other kinds of meat and this seems to be the weird tangent thread so..

3. teacake

OH right.. yeah I will never look at those IKEA meatballs the same way again.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

When I was was 8, they used to show old Warner Brothers cartoons with characters blowing up, Popeye eating spinach and viciously pulverizing anyone in his way, or Three Stooges shorts with Moe beating up Larry and Curly. But that all got denounced as too violent around the 60s and 70s.

5. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

I grew up in the fifties, in the Dallas/Fort Worth market The Three Stooges ran twice a day, both before and after school. I had three brothers who were all fans. If I never see another Three Stooges short it will be too soon.

The host passed away several years ago, but there still is a web site devoted to him.

http://www.ickytwerp.net/

6. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Hmm...I watched plenty of Looney Tunes growing up in the 90s...and Popeye too. :)

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The psychology of Popeye became really twisted when I noticed that Olive Olye did dig Bluto, and let him get a little now and then to keep his interest, but only so much as it turned poor Bluto into Popeye-bait because what really got Olives juices gushing was men beating the tar out of each other.

You have to wonder if the only reason that she always wound up with Popeye was that Popeye could lick Bulto? What if Bluto got in a lucky punch or ate some spinach himself? If it's just the blood and gore of two men slamming their fists into each other that makes her horny, did it really matter who won if she was half way to an orgasm town and still needed someone, almost anyone to drive that feeling into the city limits?

Of course you could could argue that Olyve pitted Popeye against Bluto because Bluto could never win in a fight with Popeye, so the fight was a fixed sure-thing... Which is when you begin to wonder if she arranged this fluffing because Bluto was the only bloke close enough to Popeye's strength level or that Bluto was the only guy in town Popeye could pown.

I said fixed earlier when I was just comparing weight classes that these too going at it hammer and tongs is a foregone conclusion, but what if it was all really fixed and money did change hands? Did Popeye pay Bluto to get Olyve's engine gunning or did Olyve pay Bluto to pretend that spinach gave Popeye magical super human strength which is the only way he could raise his flag all the way up his mast?

How attractive is a young Shelly Duval?

8. Melakon

In the 60s, JFK, RFK, and MLK all died violently, so that was part of the opposition's case I think. You couldn't show a guy getting shot at the same time as the gun fired, it had to be separate angles. Shows like Gunsmoke had to change their opening titles sequence.

9. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Yes, we waited for you to leave. lol

They make me laugh.

So, what's wrong with weird? At least it was different. :)

10. Melakon

Let's put it this way-- when it was announced that Shelley had been cast as Olive Oyl for the live-action film, all the magazines went on about how it was perfect casting.

11. teacake

Some years back I knew a woman who looked exactly like Olive Oyl and wore her dark hair exactly like Olive Oyl's.

12. Melakon

Shelley Duvall's earliest film appearance looks to be at 19 in Robert Altman's "Brewster McCloud", a very strange film that everyone should see at least once. Trek veterans Sally Kellerman, William Windom, Rene Auberjonois , and John Schuck also appear.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

However did you hold yourself back?

14. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

OK Guy it was a good thing that I had finished my pepsi, because I might have ended up spewing it out on my new monitors.

15. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

I must apologize...for locking your spam thread. Oh, wait, no I don't. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.