Trek Kindle eBook "Update"

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by BritishSeaPower, Jul 25, 2013.

1. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well i've not used the ios apps in a very long time, ever since i ditched the iPhone for Android, but on the Android version of the Kindle app, you can change the margin sizes and line spacing. I can't imagine that the iPhone/iPad apps are that dissimilar from the android app that they can't do this.

2. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

Yes you can change the margins and the line spacing in the iOS Kindle app. You can go from really stupid to quite stupid to stupid for the margins and the line spacing. Amazon leaves you with too much margin space and too large a line space. So what the user gets is a poor reading experience.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

My reading experiences with various versions of the Kindle and the Kindle app have been just fine. Thankyouverymuch.

4. Data's Cat

Data's Cat Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ditto.

5. bfollowell

bfollowell Captain Captain

What you will find, if you haven't already, is that Jon has had an axe to grind with Amazon and their Kindle for as far back as you care to look. Logic never seems to have any place in his arguments. He just tries to interject his perceived issues onto the whole of the entire ereading community. The main things, actually, the only things to take away from Jon's anti-Amazon rants are, Jon doesn't like Amazon. Jon doesn't like any Kindle reader. Jon feels that everything that is important to HIS reading experience, must be important to every single user of ereaders on the face of the planet, therefore he speaks for everyone as if his opinions are facts, rather than just his opinions.

Jon is pretty much squarely in the Sony ereader camp and anything made by anyone else is, at best, barely acceptable, and they go downhill quickly from there.

You can find his rants archived back for several years here and on mobileread.com. If you've read one, you've read them all. They're sort of like Gilligan's Island reruns. They go on forever and ever and they're almost as silly.

- Byron

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013