Release schedule for remainder of 2012/2013?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by SicOne, Sep 24, 2012.

1. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

What books are due to be released, and when, for the rest of 2012 and for 2013? Every few months I would see a thread for upcoming publications for the next two months, but I don't recollect seeing that recently. Share, please? :)

2. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

Assuming no one has beat me to it in the time it took me to post this... apologies if any of my info is out of date!

OCT: Typhon Pact: Brinkmanship by Una McCormack
    TOS In Tempest's Wake by Dayton Ward [eBook]

NOV: TNG Cold Equations Book I: Persistence of Memory by David Mack

DEC: TNG Cold Equations Book II: Silent Weapons by David Mack

JAN: TNG Cold Equations Book III: The Body Electric by David Mack

FEB: TOS Allegiance in Exile by David R. George III

MAR: TOS Devil's Bargain by Tony Daniel
    TNG The Stuff of Dreams by James Swallow [eBook]

APR: TOS The Weight of Worlds by Greg Cox

MAY: TOS The Folded World by Jeff Mariotte

JUN: TOS A Conflict of Strangers by William Leisner

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. cml898

cml898 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Stupid new movie, filling the year with TOS books on DS9's 20th anniversary.

Not making a serious complaint, so don't anybody jump down my throat *s*

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^It's been a recurring pattern in recent years for the former half of the year to be TOS-heavy and the latter half to be 24th-century-heavy.

5. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Just FYI; it's not the working title any more, and it'll be out in March 2013, not December 2012. :bolian:

6. Christopher

^Does that mean it's the final title, or that it's been dumped and there's a new working title?

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I'm not sure it's entirely about the movie. I can't speak for the other authors, but I wrote a TOS book because, well, I prefer writing TOS books . . . .

There will be no movie next year or the year after, but I'm already brainstorming my next TOS book.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I remember reading somewhere that TOS novels actually are the best selling Trek novels, which is why we continue to see so many in any given year. And indeed, as has already been noted the first half of every year is usually TOS heavy with the second half devoted to the 24th century series. Even this year, TNG's 25th anniversary didn't see any novels featuring the main TNG cast until June. Everything before was 23rd century. Though May's Forgotten History was actually set in both centuries, it is more a TOS novel, than anything else.

Besides, plans for a novel celebrating DS9's 20th anniversary have already been announced, so it's not like Pocket is ignoring the milestone or anything.

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Still think you should try an Enterprise book. I'd like ANYONE to try an Enterprise book, but you in particular - you seem to have a feel for the pre-TNG era...

10. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the schedule, guys; I appreciate it.

Is the Typhon Pact book due in October, or late September? I thought I had heard someone mentioning a September release.

Have we heard anything concerning a new Myriad Universes anthology? Those were particularly good.

11. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's the official October release, but the actual releases are in the preceding month.

For example Brinkmanship will be released on September 25th as an eBook, the pBooks started to appear "in the wild" a week or so ago.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We haven't heard anything about any anthologies for next year. I hope we get something though, I've enjoyed most of the anthologies we've been getting the last year years.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks. Maybe one of these days. ENTERPRISE is still the only Trek series I haven't written for yet.

14. snakespeare

snakespeare Commander Red Shirt

DS9, yay! I, too love it.

But aren't the characters from DS9 all caught up in the Typhon Pact series? So I'm guessing that means Mack's trilogy will advance the stories of their lives a bit, too.

But yeah! I hope there's a novel celebrating the 20th later in the year.

15. Nathan

Nathan Commander Red Shirt

Hmmm....I see CLB is absent for the upcoming list......I wonder if he has something planned/lined up for the second half of 2013??

Chris, care to give us any hints??!?!?!!? :>

16. Christopher

I do have something in the works, but I can't talk about it yet.

17. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

FWIW, I picked up Brinkmanship yesterday at a local bookstore.

What I'm looking forward to is collections of Corps of Engineers and Slings and Arrows in trade books. I was thinking about getting them individually in ebook form but I remember them costing around $5 each, now they are $7. Seems excessive to pay almost the full price for a paperback to get what I'm guessing to be a quarter to a third of the content. And when you add them all up it's a fair chunk of change.

18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The two recent Typhon Pact novels are very much DS9 stories, which also feature the TNG cast in a supporting role.

Though I'm under the impression that David Mack's trilogy is very much a TNG story, as it is meant to be a celebration of TNG's 25th anniversary.

19. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

Thanks! I edited the list to reflect that. (I also italicized the titles, since I wasn't scrambling to get it done now.)

20. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

I am not familiar with the last two TOS authors listed, Leisner and Mariotte? Have they written any previous Trek novels I may know?