Being Human (American Version) - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Looking forward to it. I rewatched the Season Two finale the other just to bring myself back up to speed.

"Oh, right, that's where we left off . . . ."

3. Agent Richard07

A decent season premiere. I liked the game changers.

- I can see Sally dying again, but for now, she's back in the flesh. Until it was suggested that the two guys she was with woke up in their coffins, I thought that they were all in Sally's body.

- Looks like the witch will resurrect whatshisface (I have to get these names down), or something like that, thereby absolving Josh of murder and causing him to revert back to being a werewolf.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was my first episode of the show, and I really enjoyed it. The story was pretty good, and the characters seem like a lot of fun. When it comes it to Vampire/Werewolves stuff, I think I probably enjoyed this more than I have the last few Vampire Diaries episodes and I've been watching that for a couple years now.

5. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not so sure those other two ghosts may not be in there with Sally. It'd be kinda interesting if they are. I can see it now - they bring back Sally, but there are three spirits in there, so they have to find the witch, kill the same guy, and try for a do-over. I wonder if the witch will have some sort of hold over the people she resurrects. That'd be interesting.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's definitely up to something, that's for sure.

7. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be a big plot hole if those two guys wake up in their coffins and look normal... The witch had to rub the salve all over Sally's corpse to make her come back... I vote for the three of them inhabiting her body and part of the season's story line will be getting them back to where they need to be...

LOVED the episode...

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm pretty sure all three of them are in Sally's body. Nora's remark, I think, was just intended as a red herring. Although, if they wake up in their coffins, they could not look like healthy humans, as marillion says-- they would be more like traditional zombies (albeit with their normal personalities).

I thought this was a great premiere. Lots of curve balls. Josh is cured, Aiden is possibly the last vampire standing and Sally is somewhat alive. I love this show. :D

9. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

And, of course, the big question: If the guy the witch looks set to raise come back, does that mean the curse on Josh returns?

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^That's what I was wondering too.

11. RJDiogenes

I'm guessing that's the case-- he has to get back to being a werewolf somehow.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why?

They already have a werewolf and we've had two years of watching him stress over being a wolf... time for some thing new.

He's a super genius enough to study magic, if after they get the end around on this witch they come into possession of her grimoire. Hell they might not even have to push her into an oven, before they realize that he's pulling a fast one, she apprentices Josh, or at least points him in the direction of something useful because it amuses her.

13. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll go back to being a werewolf.

14. Guy Gardener

Yeah. Me too.

Fucking status quo.

15. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sad to say, but the American Version took almost no time at all in eclipsing the UK version... as I'm still not a fan of the way things went down in Series 4 of Being Human UK, alas outside factors create problems that just can't be resolved to satisfaction sometimes.

Anywho, that brings the list of Paranormals to 6 now.

Vampires
    Werewolves
    Ghosts
    Mediums
    Witches
    Zombies

16. Guy Gardener

But considering season 5 is going to be about how the
    English Civil Service Handles the paranormal as if it was still 1952
    I am positively enamoured with prospect of another season... Although the US Version is.... I was going to say "better" but then I remembered that the US version has about 7 times the budget as it's Limey counterpart, yet it's only 5 times better.

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has Meaghan Rath gotten hotter over the break? Maybe because she can finally look different bit grrrrrrrrrowwwwlllll.....

18. marillion

^^ No kidding!! Glad she's finally out of the sweater and tights, so to speak...

But I have to say I'm disappointed with the way they glossed over the whole issue of bringing the boys back with her.. Dammit.. There was potential there for some real drama.. To explain them coming back with a throw away line about "rubbing some dead guy's parts" on our corpses... Damn lazy story telling if you ask me.. Makes me wonder if they filmed a couple of extra scenes that didn't make air... And won't their grave robbing kind of cause some commotion in the community? It's not like the cemetaries are out in some abandoned part of the county...

Overall, the rest of the episode was pretty good and I like the idea of Sally being corporal, yet untouchable in some respects...

19. Agent Richard07

It was the tank top.

Yeah, that surprised me too. Their bodies didn't get a salve, but they look fine. I figured that they'd at least do something with the throwaway line about people turning into zombies if raised improperly.

20. marillion

Well, the kid said they did get salve, but it was such a throwaway line that maybe I misunderstood it...

So beyond all that, with the revelation that Sally's re-emmergence may have some repercussions on the living, I'm worried for Zoey and anyone that the kids comes into contact with.. Then again, Zoey wasn't really apart of the guys "past" persay, so maybe she's ok... Either way, I don't think we've seen the last of them.