Star Trek: Renegades

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Danlav05, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Chalk up another vote for Intrepid nailing my criticism. Definitely an improvement. Still could use a little work.

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I want to comment on how nice & evenly lit the green screen is, well done.

3. Kevin James

Kevin James Ensign Newbie

I saw Renegades a few days ago and was really disappointed. With all the money they raised, I expected a more polished product, but it felt so amateurish that I had a hard time getting through it. I guess I'm getting used to great productions like Star Trek Continues!! They set the "fan film" bar so high, that it hard to watch anything else.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

So Cirroc Lofton added to the cast...I dig it. As many Niners as possible, I say! :)

5. dswynne1

dswynne1 Captain Captain

Well, I am glad that this production is moving forward. I will add that Adm. Checkov's uniform still looks a bit "off", but I am sure it will be fixed in the end. It would have been better if you guys simply use the uniform designs from "All Good Things..." (TNG) and "The Visitor" (DS9). Or consult with the Okudas or something.

6. CRM-114

CRM-114 Captain Captain

Chekov's new uniform looks like a ski outfit. That's why it looks "off".

7. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

My DVD of "Star Trek: Renegades" arrived a few days ago and it was fun watching new Trek on my big flatscreen TV tonight. Loved seeing Walter Koenig, Tim Russ, Robert Picardo and especially Manu Intiraymi in their familiar roles, and a cool new Andorian female named Shree (played by Courtney Peladon).

And Sean Young! What a surprise! I'd forgotten she would be in it. I'm not that much into starship battles, but the special effects and sets were clever for a fanfilm. Sadly, the storyline was too confusing. One shouldn't have to read the DVD case's blurb to understand the script. Less fan wanky than "Of Gods and Men", and more enjoyable but still not quit there.

Really enjoyed the "Behind the Scenes" material and the bloopers, though.

The dark theme, which seems to be prevalent in "Prelude to Axanar", too, seeing it concerns the Four-Year War period before TOS, was less than intriguing for me. (I was less interested in the war episodes and starship battles of DS9.) I like my Trek to be "strange new worlds" adventures, I guess.

8. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Renegades is adding to its cast....looks like Jake Sisko and Nog will be signing up when the production resumes...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  9. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

How many episodes have been funded? I thought the kickstarter was for the pilot.

10. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't had a chance to watch the pilot. I will try to do so soon. I was a bit discouraged by others' comments about the acting quality, but I will give it a chance anyway.

On a completely different tangent, every time I see this title, it makes me think of the song from that Jeep Renegade commercial, and then I can't get it out of my head. :klingon: Maybe they should go the "Enterprise" route and use that vocal pop-rock tune as the main theme. :lol:

Kor

11. ozzfloyd

ozzfloyd Captain Captain

I hope that means that Aron's health is improved.

12. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

My Trekkie friend who usually hates Star Trek fan films loved Renegades. People here hated it. I enjoyed it, but not as much as my Trekkie friend who usually hates Star Trek fan films. I guess it depends on what you like.

Set some time aside, and watch it.

13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Robert Beltran has also joined the cast or Renegades!

14. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

Serious reply: Congrats!

Half-joking reply: Is he playing Chuckles? Because you guys might seriously want to consider just renaming this thing Voyager: Phase II at this point...

15. ihno

ihno Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, that is cool!

No animal companion please and give him something interesting to do. :)

16. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

According to the official release, yes. Actually quite surprised to see him sign on given some of his past comments on his time on Voyager.

17. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

I think they need to focus on shoring things up on the production side such as camera and editing issues and making sure that those bizarre close up shots aren't repeated. Those were terrible.

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

We are, many new crew members. Many had done work on either Trek or other professional series and movies. Most of them will be revealed next week. The is still another actor from a previous trek show who was part of the main cast )of that particular show) we will revealing next week as well as the cast members that are returning from Episode 1.

19. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

Out of curiosity, will the writers for Chakotay (or any other series character for that matter) be honoring what has been written in the relaunch novels? I'm not a continuity freak when it comes to novels, but I was just wondering since DS9, VOY and ENT novels do serve as continuations of their respective series moreso than TOS or even TNG which are more "stand-alones" in their storytelling.

20. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Hopefully not all characters will have gone 'Renegade' or left the Fleet, it'd be nice to have familiar ships cameo.

So apart from the voiceovers in STC only TNG [regular, not guests] castmembers haven't done an indie Trek film