Recommend an ST book please

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by davortech, Sep 4, 2008.

1. davortech

davortech Ensign Newbie

I am planing to buy a book but not sure what to get. Please recommend some good ST book.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I recommend merging this with the other recommendations thread that was started less than nine hours earlier.

3. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i recommend doing a search for book recommendation threads since there must've been at least half a dozen before...

4. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

While I second the recommendations about...uh...recommendations, and while we wait for whatever merge voodoo action to occur, maybe you could help narrow things down a bit. What's your favorite series? Do you have favorite characters? Do you like character-driven stories, or more action-adventure? Making recommendations is easier if we know what you're after. :)

5. BryanSorensen

BryanSorensen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i agree with dayton there...if we dont know what you like we cant recommend anything!

6. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I recommend the works of Dayton Ward who, I am told, has written "Star Trek books".

7. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ I wouldn't. They suck.

8. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

Well at least half the books do.

9. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

I recommend the Destiny Trilogy. But before you can fully grasp it's meaning, you may want to read all of the DS9 Relaunch, the TNG Relaunch, the Voyager Relaunch, and Titan books. So there you go. That should keep you going for quite a while.

10. Marco Palmieri

Marco Palmieri Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although I'm not one to discourage people from sampling the very extensive Star Trek backlist, it really isn't necessary to do all that advance reading before diving into Destiny.

11. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

Probably not. But it would be a good read regardless. Lots of good books in that list and then to be followed up by the Destiny Trilogy.. I think it would be quite enjoyable. But then, I've almost read it all. Just planning on reading the Voyager Relaunch before I start the Destiny Trilogy.

12. Johnhead99

Johnhead99 Commander Red Shirt

TNG #7 Masks by John Vornholt....

13. BryanSorensen

BryanSorensen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I reccomend whatever books from whatever series of trek you like. There are also several crossover series which you might find interesting. Theres always the Captains Table series that kinda sorta had all the captains sitting at this big table in a bar where temporal mechanics cant find it!

14. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

this guy never even came back...