What New/Classic monsters do you want to see in the New Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, May 25, 2014.

1. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ How? For the benefit for those of us who don't have time for the novels. Thanks!

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nothing too serious. In the episode, Wilfred mentions his friend Netty, who was a character in the novel.

3. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

I should have clarified a bit, I sort of meant the older novels before the relaunch-the New/Missing adventures and the Eighth Doctor/Past Doctor Adventures. They sort of had their own sort of continuity going on at times.

The audios kind of do their own thing although sometimes they mentioned the events or featured companions from the novels (Such as Bernice Summerfield).

4. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally, I liked the believe that it was Susan in End of Time. Mainly because of the parallel with Donna with the Doctor and Wilf respectively. I understand why would RTD write her as his mother, but given that she's literally a character that has never been referenced before in the show, I naturally assumed it was Susan. Why couldn't she have changed her face?

5. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lungbarrow, I think, would've been made in season 26, but I think JNT vetoed it, just like he insisted cutting that line in Remembrance of the Daleks where the Doctor said "I'm so much more than just another Time Lord." Maybe if the show had gone on and JNT had left, Carmel would've gotten his wish and had that story made.

BUT, Big Finish did pan out Cartmel's Season 27 on audio in their Lost Stories, in which the Ace-for-Time-Lord thing kinda worked out (haven't listened to the stories themselves yet, sorry).

6. Doctorwhovian

Yeah, I think I remember reading that some of the ideas for Lungbarrow ended up in Ghost Light. (Same author-Marc Platt-too).

There's also a scene from Survival that was cut that had a scene between the Doctor and the Master that further added mystery to the whole "more than a Time Lord" thing. Unfortunately I'm not sure where I can find a script of that scene.

7. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

I'd love to see more of the Draconians, and perhaps a return of the Sea Devils.

IIRC nothing has been explicitly mentioned of the fate of the Thals since Planet of the Daleks, though I assume they had either been destroyed by the Daleks, or left Skaro, otherwise the Doctor's actions with the hand of Omega in Remembrance would seem particularly callous.

8. Doctorwhovian

The Thals do appear in some of the novels and audios, but that's about it.

The Silurians seen in the new series do incorporate some features of the sea Devils, such as elements of the the Japanese style armor seen in Warriors of the deep(Although I think that's partially retooled from the Warrior's Gate robots)-but it would be kind of interesting to see more than the usual design which I think has been overused a bit at this point. (and doesn't look as 'alien' as the original designs).

9. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

Being from Skaro and the argument could be made they are able to develop high technology too what about a war like Thal resurgence?

Beyond that what about them tackling a grey invasion??

10. Doctorwhovian

I think the novels (At least the John Peel ones) also deal with the Thals becoming more like their neighbors-sort of what we saw Planet of the Daleks leading to.

11. starsuperion

I think bringing the Thals back would be a splendid and Brilliant story

12. Doctorwhovian

They haven't been used in the TV series since Genesis Of The Daleks although they're mentioned in Rememberance of the Daleks during McCoy's talk to Ace about the origin of the Daleks. I don't think they've been mentioned at all in the new series, could be mistaken though.

Another thing about the Daleks that seems to been largely forgotten is their reliance on static electricity. I don't think that's been mentioned since "Evil of the Daleks".

13. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, the idea of bringing the Thals back is pretty cool. Not sure which direction they'd take but lots of interesting possibilities. So, add them to my list:

1) Susan
    2) Romana
    3) Draconians
    4) Thals
    5) Revisit the Androzani system to see how politics, corporate greed, advanced robotics, and a life extending drug mix after Five leaves.

Mr Awe

14. starsuperion

well, the Rani would be a nice addition to the series.. I mean the Master was cool, but with him locked away with Gallifrey in the time lock of the last day of the time war, she could easily take his place.. I mean a woman, who is every bit as smart and eccentric as the Doctor for Capaldi to play off of.. plus the plot device, known as the chameleon arch could be used once again..

But who to cast?? Who could play a female equivalent to Matt Smith, or David Tenant, or Peter Capaldi? Who could play a feme fatal, who is every bit evil, and yet seductive and charming, brilliant, and surprisingly twisted all at the same time?

plus the added bonus, a new, villain version of a TARDIS! that would be awesome!!

15. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll dig out the actual script pages when I can get a chance (sorry, work and family health problems), but it runs something like...

The Master and the Doctor suddenly teleport back from the Animal Planet to Earth.
    Master: "How?"
    Doctor: "You wanted to be rescued. Consider yourself rescued."
    Master (scared): "How did you do that? What are you? You're not a Time Lord..."
    Doctor: "Not just a Time Lord. Not any more. We all have to evolve some time..."
    Master (very scared): "So what now for me?"
    Doctor (dismissive, almost insulting, as if the Master's so small a problem he's barely worth talking to): "Like I said, consider yourself rescued..."
    Master: "You can't just... you can't just ignore me. I'll stop you. Whatever it costs..." He bends down and picks up a Kitling that's appeared [symbollically accepting the power of the planet that he'd been trying to escape...]
    Doctor: "Don't be a fool..." But the Master and the Kitling have already vanished.

I'll find the actual script, but that's roughly it.

16. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Big Finish just hired a new Rani to take over the story intended for Kate O'Mara (Siobhan Redmond), might as well get her, if there aren't any Rights issues.

Siobhan Google Images

Siobhan IMDB

17. starsuperion

hmmm gonna have to watch sea of souls to check out hers and Peters chemistry together

18. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Do not for one instant believe that the Master was time locked with Gallifrey. I'd expect to see him long before I'd expect to see The Rani again.

19. starsuperion

you may be right, but he did not have a single appearance during smith's run.

20. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral